Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

15 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It should be easier for us. Really does not help to be given a US number if you are in the UK. Silly. 

Phil 

I did get an email back from 'Wendy Warner' after I emailed her to complain She apologized & said they were going to set up more international numbers. She also gave us the grand sum of $50 OBC which barely covered the cost of the phone calls.

12 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

She also gave us the grand sum of $50 OBC which barely covered the cost of the phone calls.

Can't you use Skype to call the US?  That's what I do when I need to call a vendor in UK or EU – calls end up costing me pennies.

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Can't you use Skype to call the US?  That's what I do when I need to call a vendor in UK or EU – calls end up costing me pennies.

I`ve been using Skype for many years now. It's saved me lots of money and got me out of a few hot spots when my cell phone couldn't get a signal. e.g. Miami Airport

I`ve used it onboard to contact a travel agent with regard to an urgent response to a change of itinerary. 

Most recently, I used it to call home from a Far Eastern cruise.

As you say, cost pennies. No expiry date on your initial top up. You only have to make one call every 6 months(?) to remain active.

Internet only required

9 hours ago, govanguy said:

I`ve been using Skype for many years now. It's saved me lots of money and got me out of a few hot spots when my cell phone couldn't get a signal. e.g. Miami Airport

I`ve used it onboard to contact a travel agent with regard to an urgent response to a change of itinerary. 

Most recently, I used it to call home from a Far Eastern cruise.

As you say, cost pennies. No expiry date on your initial top up. You only have to make one call every 6 months(?) to remain active.

Internet only required

Even if your account goes inactive after 6 months (mine regularly does), they show you a simple way to reactivate when you're ready to use it again.

I also notice more and more vendors offering a WhatsApp number.  I don't use it, but I think that's another way to make 'free' calls.  I guess I'd better look into it...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Even if your account goes inactive after 6 months (mine regularly does), they show you a simple way to reactivate when you're ready to use it again.

I also notice more and more vendors offering a WhatsApp number.  I don't use it, but I think that's another way to make 'free' calls.  I guess I'd better look into it...

Yes quite agree about What's App - very useful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

What was that process?  Just out of interest. 

Phil 

email that’d we’d been approved , email back my phone, 20 minutes later a call asking which room i’d like and then ask the code on my credit card and it was done.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gowilk said:

email that’d we’d been approved , email back my phone, 20 minutes later a call asking which room i’d like and then ask the code on my credit card and it was done.

Interesting that you were given the option to email, we weren't, just the number to call

"Congratulations on getting your bid approved on the Pursuit 02/20/24 sailing.  Total bid £500

If you are still interested with upgrading to the Club Veranda stateroom, please call in directly to Azamara at 855-292-6272 and ask for me, Miricia, Gnapp, or Rina Favreault so that we can process the move-up.  Please do so as soon as possible as space is limited."

Edited by Grandma Cruising

7 hours ago, gowilk said:

I'm hoping that IF I get the chance and being in the UK it will be an easy phone call. Better gen up on an easy call to the US if I need that!  The choice of room is an excellent reintroduction to the process. 

Phil 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I’m taking my first post Covid (and post widowhood) Azamara cruise in 5 weeks on Quest, with my Goddaughter. I booked an Ocean View for budget reasons. Just offered the chance to upgrade. Minimum bid was £160.00 pp, which is what I bid. Now wondering if I should have offered a tad more but wouldn’t have wanted to pay much more for 7 nights. 

However, if I’m successful, I’ve no idea how I’d phone the USA. I fell out with Skype some time ago and can never get into what was my account. How ridiculous that a Mediterranean cruise requires phoning America. 

Edited by cinnamon

I successfully upgraded last week. The email I received provided telephone numbers in USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand as well as the option to reply by email.   I called the UK number which connected to a very helpful man in USA.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Alison2022 said:

I successfully upgraded last week. The email I received provided telephone numbers in USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand as well as the option to reply by email.   I called the UK number which connected to a very helpful man in USA.

Great that they have taken the action they promised.

23 hours ago, Alison2022 said:

We did the same this week.  Replied to the email, and got a phone call within 15mins.  All sorted and the lady I spoke to was lovely and very helpful.  Very impressed as it's our first Azamara Cruise

• Like 2

On 3/3/2024 at 1:21 PM, Lovemychoos said:

We did the same this week.  Replied to the email, and got a phone call within 15mins.  All sorted and the lady I spoke to was lovely and very helpful.  Very impressed as it's our first Azamara Cruise

Same here. Very impressed with the service. Very straightforward.  Rang UK number and actually got through to the person from the US who sent me the email. Was able to confirm location before approval. 

Phil 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

My cruise is on 8th April. Any idea when they offer the upgrades if successful. 

Corinne, I think it varies depending upon the cruise and how well it's sold. I got my offer Monday and the cruise leaves Thursday. This Japan one has been sold out on travel agent websites for months, but the Azamara website showed one or two. 

Good luck!

Phil 

45 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Corinne, I think it varies depending upon the cruise and how well it's sold. I got my offer Monday and the cruise leaves Thursday. This Japan one has been sold out on travel agent websites for months, but the Azamara website showed one or two. 

Good luck!

Phil 

Thanks Phil. I’m doing a Celebrity cruise round Japan in late September. Would have loved Azamara but way beyond my budget I’m afraid…….and that if my friend Gilli who instigated it. 

4 hours ago, TravelTodayAC said:

I received an email to upgrade earlier this week for that cruise. 

Oh dear, I guess that probably means I’ve missed out. 😏

I got an upgrade confirmation last week for our upcoming Pursuit cruise on 23 March. Veranda to Veranda Plus £160pp. I declined as I don’t think it’s worth the upgrade price.

11 hours ago, cshim said:

I got an upgrade confirmation last week for our upcoming Pursuit cruise on 23 March. Veranda to Veranda Plus £160pp. I declined as I don’t think it’s worth the upgrade price.

Is it a 7day or 14 day plus cruise.If it was over 14 days and there are 2 of you  then that seems worth it (4 speciality restaurant meals = $140, 2 bags of laundry = $80, 25% off full internet package for two=$138 plus a bottle of spirits).Not worth it if it’s for less than 14 days & if you’re solo ( although if one of the aft Verandah plus cabins is available, then that would make a difference - their balconies are great!)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Is it a 7day or 14 day plus cruise.If it was over 14 days and there are 2 of you  then that seems worth it (4 speciality restaurant meals = $140, 2 bags of laundry = $80, 25% off full internet package for two=$138 plus a bottle of spirits).Not worth it if it’s for less than 14 days & if you’re solo ( although if one of the aft Verandah plus cabins is available, then that would make a difference - their balconies are great!)

It is for 9 nights