Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Pursuit having upgraded from Verandah to Suite. When calculating value for money note that speciality restaurants was $49.95 pp pn not $35 as per earlier post. 7 nights speciality dining would cost approx £250pp out of the ££325 cost of upgrade. Very pleased that we upgraded

• Like 2

Just wondering whether to resurrect the upgrade spreadsheet which I haven’t updated since March 23 when the upgrade system disappeared. 
As it now seems to be back, would people find the spreadsheet helpful or not. If you would find it useful then please start posting the following upgrade information.

- bid date

- cruise date

- cruise length

- loyalty level

- minimum bid required for upgrade (in US$)

- total amount bid (in US$)

- cabin type initially booked

- cabin type bid for

- final bid cost per night (in US$)

- bid strength

- outcome (successful or not)

- cruise region 

- any other useful information (E.g when told about outcome)

Here’s a link to it. The only new entry is mine for my most recent cruise https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, manc said:

I think it would be really helpful.but a lot of work for you. Thank you for all you do

I’m happy to update the spreadsheet & keep it updated if people would find it helpful and are willing to post tge information! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for offering to do the hard work.  Your spreadsheet is really helpful.   I would like to bid on an upgrade if it is offered on our July 1st sailing.  I will be following your spreadsheet closely for the next few months.

• Like 1

I will start to update the spreadsheet as people post new information.

Host Jazzbeau perhaps you could edit the first post in this topic to give a link to the spreadsheet and include my list of the information as in my post #1178. Thanks.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I will start to update the spreadsheet as people post new information.

Host Jazzbeau perhaps you could edit the first post in this topic to give a link to the spreadsheet and include my list of the information as in my post #1178. Thanks.

Done.  Thanks for taking this on again!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 3:38 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

I am maintaining this sticky topic and a spreadsheet, for people who are willing to post their upgrade bidding experience to help us all.

If you’re happy to do so could you please let us know the following:

- bid date

- cruise date

- cruise length

- loyalty level

- cabin type bid for

- bid strength

- cruise region 

Here’s a link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

This is great where and when does the bid system start

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Popeye4u2 said:

This is great where and when does the bid system start

Azamara emails you some weeks before your cruise to ask if you want to make a bid to upgrade your cabin and telling you what is the minimum amount they will look at for each type of cabin available. Typically you get the chance to bid for the level above the one you have booked and the one above that. However if the cruise is full you’re unlikely to get the offer. If you bid and are successful they email you again and ask you to ring them to discuss what is available then to confirm your payment.

If people get an offer to upgrade they can post about it here (date of offer, cruise date, length of cruise, minimum bid, bid made, type of cabin originally booked, type of cabin bid for, cruise region) then come back & post their success (or not). I’ll enter the info into the spreadsheet so others can get an idea about what type of bid might be successful.

Here’s a link to the spreadsheet so you can see the information from the old system with one new entry (our recent cruise)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I bid the minimum of £320 to upgrade from an Outside to a Verandah on Quest, sailing tomorrow. I got an email at 10.25 pm on Friday night offering me the upgrade. I asked for cabin numbers and was offered a choice of 4. I agreed on one the next day by email them received an email with a payment link. In the morning we will have our verandah……… for the minimum bid, what I don’t know is what the cost would have been had I booked it in the first place. 😏

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

I bid the minimum of £320 to upgrade from an Outside to a Verandah on Quest, sailing tomorrow. I got an email at 10.25 pm on Friday night offering me the upgrade. I asked for cabin numbers and was offered a choice of 4. I agreed on one the next day by email them received an email with a payment link. In the morning we will have our verandah……… for the minimum bid, what I don’t know is what the cost would have been had I booked it in the first place. 😏

Thanks for the information, added it to the spreadsheet. Can you tell me when you made your bid and what your loyalty level is?

We did registered for an upgrade for the April 1rst LIS-BCN from Oceanview to Veranda and Veranda Plus but never ever heard back from them. The ship was not fully booked and upon embarkation there was a sign at guest services upgrades were available. 

However by that time we already had unpacked and couldn't be bothered anymore. And it turned out we were very happy with our deck 4 outside cabin anyway.

I checked before on the Azamara website about an upgrade and got a message our reservation wasn't eligible for an upgrade. So was  surprised we got an upgrade email anyway. However I think the Office is very sloppy by just sending it out to everybody even if you are not eligible. Same procedure of these endless emails ordering you to register you passport details while you have already  done it.

By the way be disembarked this morning in Barcelona and it was once again a fantastic cruise!

• Like 2

Hi, Here’s the info on a recent bid experience (made bids for 2 different upgrades):

- bid date 10-Jan-2024

- cruise date 19-Mar-2024

- cruise length 15 days

- loyalty level Explorer

- minimum bid required for upgrade (in US$) 800 per cabin / 200 per cabin

- total amount bid (in US$) 3000 / 350

- cabin type initially booked Veranda 

- cabin type bid for Club Continent Suite / Veranda Plus

- final bid cost per night (in US$) 200 / 23

- bid strength can’t remember

- outcome (successful or not) not

- cruise region Japan

- any other useful information (E.g when told about outcome) - told 18-Mar-2024

Just an update. My successful bid for Quest 8-15 April was the minimum, £320. The ship was not full, 608 passengers. 
My Goddaughter absolutely loved it. We had breakfast on the balcony 3 times, all beautifully laid out by the room service attendant with a tablecloth.  The extra light and fresh air made it a worthwhile treat for us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cinnamon said:

Just an update. My successful bid for Quest 8-15 April was the minimum, £320. The ship was not full, 608 passengers. 
My Goddaughter absolutely loved it. We had breakfast on the balcony 3 times, all beautifully laid out by the room service attendant with a tablecloth.  The extra light and fresh air made it a worthwhile treat for us. 

That's great. It makes such a difference if it's done properly and with care. This was not my experience on Journey recently unfortunately. Just left the folded up tablecloth on the tray and left. 

Phil 

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That's great. It makes such a difference if it's done properly and with care. This was not my experience on Journey recently unfortunately. Just left the folded up tablecloth on the tray and left. 

Phil 

That’s a shame Phil. I couldn’t fault anything on Quest except one thing. Teaser. I hope to write up a bit of a review soon. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cinnamon said:

Hi

When did they let you know you were successful please.

Thanks 

33 minutes ago, tfg said:

Hi

When did they let you know you were successful please.

Thanks 

60 hours before sail date. 10.25pm on a Friday when we were due to board on the Monday. A very difficult time to organise a call to the US from the U.K.  so it was done by email. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 1:00 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

Just wondering whether to resurrect the upgrade spreadsheet which I haven’t updated since March 23 when the upgrade system disappeared. 
As it now seems to be back, would people find the spreadsheet helpful or not. If you would find it useful then please start posting the following upgrade information.

- bid date

- cruise date

- cruise length

- loyalty level

- cabin type bid for

- bid strength

- cruise region 

Here’s a link to it. The only new entry is mine for my most recent cruise https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

Grandma Cruising Just want to let you know how much my husband and I appreciate all of your hard work we will put in a bid to upgrade our September 21, 2024 Veranda to a Suite of some some sort. Not too concerned of what type of suite, mostly we are doing it for the specialty restaurants. We will certainly post our results for the benefit of others after we attempt the upgrade bid. good luck to you and all on this board on getting the rooms that will make our cruise as wonderful as possible.

• Like 1