Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

8 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Just an FYI, in case this happens to someone else. We had bid for an upgrade on our current cruise. About a week and a half before our cruise began, our credit card that we normally use for cruises had a fraudulent charge, and we had to have it replaced. In the meantime, our bid was accepted, but of course the charge was declined since it was on the old credit card, and they didn’t have the details of the one we are using instead. So no upgrade for us this time! 

That happened to me! I tried to change credit cards onboard, but guest relations couldn’t upgrade me. They did let me try to call Miami, but with the time change, I couldn’t get through, sadly.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, britestar said:

Has anyone been able to bid for an upgrade recently? Will Azamara send an opportunity to bid if available? Azamara is not accepting bids thru the website at this time.

Thank you.

I think that’s probably the least of their worries at present!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, britestar said:

Has anyone been able to bid for an upgrade recently? Will Azamara send an opportunity to bid if available? Azamara is not accepting bids thru the website at this time.

Thank you.

It was never Azamara that ran this, but an outsource company that just relied on Azamara sending them the available inventory.

I'd guess that Azamara won't do that until everything has settled down.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 6:23 PM, fruitmachine said:

It was never Azamara that ran this, but an outsource company that just relied on Azamara sending them the available inventory.

That’s interesting to know, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 6:23 PM, fruitmachine said:

In the good old days (sounding like I'm ancient!) it was most definitely run by Azamara. I used to get a call and they'd tell me what cabin category I could upgrade to and would even ask me which cabin number I'd l like. Realising the amount of time that took and really not practical, but I wish there were still some way of knowing and controlling the cabin they move you to. For me now it's not worth the aggravation. 

Phil 

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

In the good old days (sounding like I'm ancient!) it was most definitely run by Azamara. I used to get a call and they'd tell me what cabin category I could upgrade to and would even ask me which cabin number I'd l like. Realising the amount of time that took and really not practical, but I wish there were still some way of knowing and controlling the cabin they move you to. For me now it's not worth the aggravation. 

Phil 

Thanks for the correction. Using "never" was a bad turn of phrase by me. 

It must have changed at some point as it was definitely a third party in the period immediately prior to the new website and booking system. 

On 7/10/2023 at 12:30 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

We enjoyed those days also, Phil - the phone call from Azamara offering an upgrade. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

FYI.....Copied this today from the Azamara website:

Upgrades Coming Soon

Our Azamara Upgrade bidding tool is currently unavailable due to the transition to new systems. During this transition period, we are unable to accept any new bids for upgrades.

We will notify you as soon as it becomes available again. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition period.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Traveling Fools said:

Upgrades Coming Soon

Our Azamara Upgrade bidding tool is currently unavailable due to the transition to new systems. During this transition period, we are unable to accept any new bids for upgrades.

We will notify you as soon as it becomes available again. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition period.

I guess we just need to understand their definition of soon. (This has been on the website for weeks.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

Website still says the same today.  But, I was considering an upgrade to a suite, is the price negotiable?  How best do I go about it.  We booked directly with Azamara, so no TA in the middle.

You’ll probably be best ringing Azamara. I would expect they would want you to pay the difference between what you paid & the current price of a suite (if they have any available). I doubt that they would negotiate!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You’ll probably be best ringing Azamara. I would expect they would want you to pay the difference between what you paid & the current price of a suite (if they have any available). I doubt that they would negotiate!

Our TA rang them a month before final payment for a price for an upgrade and we got an excellent price to upgrade which was significantly less than the current price.  There were only 4 suites left at that point.  The original price we paid for a veranda plus was also less than what they are now.  So, I would say, it’s always worth an ask!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2023 at 2:46 AM, Werangels said:

Our TA rang them a month before final payment for a price for an upgrade and we got an excellent price to upgrade which was significantly less than the current price.  There were only 4 suites left at that point.  The original price we paid for a veranda plus was also less than what they are now.  So, I would say, it’s always worth an ask!

Were you able to choose the suite?

The reason I ask is that there are some suites I wouldn't take even if they were free upgrades. The suites under the gym are noisy. Some of the suites under Windows are also noisy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tgg said:

Were you able to choose the suite?

The reason I ask is that there are some suites I wouldn't take even if they were free upgrades. The suites under the gym are noisy. Some of the suites under Windows are also noisy.

Yes we were.  It isn’t a guarantee.  Midship N1.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2023 at 12:52 PM, Traveling Fools said:

Upgrades Coming Soon

I just checked and it still says the same.

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow up, we were able to get an upgrade on board from obstructed ocean view to a veranda for $1,000 (total) for the 11 night Italy cruise.  We were amongst the early ones to board and there were a few remaning cabins from which we could choose. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 5:37 AM, KTV said:

As a follow up, we were able to get an upgrade on board from obstructed ocean view to a veranda for $1,000 (total) for the 11 night Italy cruise.  We were amongst the early ones to board and there were a few remaning cabins from which we could choose. 

Good stuff. Well done. That's a nice upgrade/price. 

Phil 

• Like 2

On 10/8/2023 at 9:24 PM, KTV said:

Has anyone had success recently upgrading upon checkin? Was the upgrade reasonable/ better price than if you purchased the better cabin initially? Thanks!

We managed to get an upgrade from V1 to CC for $100 a night in January this year on our New Zealand Cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...