Why I Chose the Free Air

sailandcruise

I booked a cruise in January that sails in December 2019.  I am not sure if I will be able to go then or if I will have to cancel before final payment, which is in September, but I wanted to lock in the fare that was available then.  I chose the free air promo because if I didn't, I either would have had to lock in airline flights now at either a reasonable but non-refundable fare or at a much higher refundable fare, or take my chances on airfare increases between now and when I make my final decision about this cruise, a couple of days before final payment is due.  The difference between the sailaway rate and the rate with the free air promo was about the same as the cost of a non-refundable airline ticket.  So the free air promo is valuable to me not because it saves me money, but because it is in effect a "cancel for any reason" insurance policy that is in effect up until final payment.

We also choose the airfare perk. Last year we could not make the cruise fare and airfare work for our budget.  The perk put the trip within our reach and now we will have a dream come true.