Speciality restaurants on Oceania Insignia

glf2710

Hubby and I are looking at an anniversary cruise on Oceania next year - as it’s a special anniversary we are looking to upgrade somewhat and Oceania looks appealing.

Noted though that we would only have 1 reservation per speciality restaurant - usually we pay on P&O Britannia and go in Epicurean every night - so a bit disappointing to see the restriction.  I’m wanting to know how flexible this would be though - if you have used your allocation is that it or are they flexible and allow multiple bookings.

I know I’m comparing apples and oranges here but how does the main restaurant compare to more mainstream cruise lines - P&O’s main restaurant is not great hence the Epicurean reservations!!

Also - how many guests do the speciality restaurants accommodate - I’m thinking if they are only small, reservations might be an issue.

Thanks all for your responses in advance.

41 minutes ago, glf2710 said:

Hubby and I are looking at an anniversary cruise on Oceania next year - as it’s a special anniversary we are looking to upgrade somewhat and Oceania looks appealing.

Noted though that we would only have 1 reservation per speciality restaurant - usually we pay on P&O Britannia and go in Epicurean every night - so a bit disappointing to see the restriction.  I’m wanting to know how flexible this would be though - if you have used your allocation is that it or are they flexible and allow multiple bookings.

I know I’m comparing apples and oranges here but how does the main restaurant compare to more mainstream cruise lines - P&O’s main restaurant is not great hence the Epicurean reservations!!

Also - how many guests do the speciality restaurants accommodate - I’m thinking if they are only small, reservations might be an issue.

Thanks all for your responses in advance.

That limit is for "pre"reservations. You can add as many specialty dinings as you care to (no charge), as long as there's space and you are flexible about time and sharing. Check with the staff at the stand each morning on the port side entrance to the Terrace Café for what's available.

On Oceania, "specialty" doesn't mean "better." The specialty restaurants are focused on specific cuisines (and a somewhat more intimate setting) while the GDR and Terrace Café have greater variety and a menu with daily changes (often including some of the specialty restaurant dishes). All the food is first rate.

But, do me one favor: Don't be tempted to call the Terrace Café a "buffet" and please don't try to self serve the food there! Also note that the Terrace has "a la minute" cooking of things like lobster and steak daily.

If you're cruise food experience is P&O, you are in for some wonderful culinary surprises on Oceania.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

choose one of the larger  ships Riviera or Marina  then you can book La Reserve  for  special dinners  they do have a fee  so it may make  you feel more special  😉

Yes if there is availability you can get more  reservation in the Specialties

the same quality food as served everywhere onboard  it is  not P & O