Questions about excursions

snookie1

6 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Oh don’t worry. Viking are changing things all the time.

Like this excursion thing. They insist it’s 7am AEST. So 6.30am for me. I didn’t agree. So at midnight PST just now I checked what it is here and it was 5.30pm. Which means it must be 5.30am and not 6.30 am. So an early wake up tomorrow.

Good luck .. I hope the NBN doesn't let you down at the key moment. Our experience with the NBN is less than impressive.

On reflection - I do remember there is a difference between 'Viking' OBC and TA OBC .. but thanks again for chipping in with a correction.

Best, LM

• Like 1

Good luck .. I hope the NBN doesn't let you down at the key moment. Our experience with the NBN is less than impressive.

On reflection - I do remember there is a difference between 'Viking' OBC and TA OBC .. but thanks again for chipping in with a correction.
Best, LM

We were given access to NBN in July but instead we went completely wireless with Optus modem. Just plug it in and download/ upload of 40/5. And it works wherever there’s an Optus signal so we can take it anywhere pretty much in Australia and have wifi.

19 minutes ago, Pushka said:

We were given access to NBN in July but instead we went completely wireless with Optus modem. Just plug it in and download/ upload of 40/5. And it works wherever there’s an Optus signal so we can take it anywhere pretty much in Australia and have wifi.

Interesting .. thanks for the tip. LM

2 hours ago, Pushka said:

Pushka.     I am considering dropping broadband/NBN and moving to mobile wifi.   We have NBN in Melbourne and Broadband in Brisbane.   NBN will likely be available in our  Brisbane  suburb in April, but we will be onboard Orion on our way to Vancouver so no time to swap.      If I switch to mobile wifi (Likely Telstra) we can use it at both houses and all over Aus - as you pointed out - big saving.    Just need a large cost effective  data plan as we chew up well over 100 GB a month with Netflix, I View etc and my usage.   

Apologies to All for the Thread Drift.    Just a few Aussies chewing the fat about wifi options and cost.  

Back to Viking Ocean.   I note from your CC postings and my checking of Canada Place Cruise Terminal schedule that your departure from Vancouver (after we disembark earlier that day) looks further delayed.      Tender disembarkation for us looks a doddle compared to the schedule issues you face for your cruise.  

Hope it works out for you. 

Rod 

7 hours ago, Aussie Cruise Nuts said:

Pushka.     I am considering dropping broadband/NBN and moving to mobile wifi.   We have NBN in Melbourne and Broadband in Brisbane.   NBN will likely be available in our  Brisbane  suburb in April, but we will be onboard Orion on our way to Vancouver so no time to swap.      If I switch to mobile wifi (Likely Telstra) we can use it at both houses and all over Aus - as you pointed out - big saving.    Just need a large cost effective  data plan as we chew up well over 100 GB a month with Netflix, I View etc and my usage.   

Apologies to All for the Thread Drift.    Just a few Aussies chewing the fat about wifi options and cost.  

Back to Viking Ocean.   I note from your CC postings and my checking of Canada Place Cruise Terminal schedule that your departure from Vancouver (after we disembark earlier that day) looks further delayed.      Tender disembarkation for us looks a doddle compared to the schedule issues you face for your cruise.  

Hope it works out for you. 

Rod 

Excursions - anyone due to book excursions in Australia for next couple of weeks needs to check their time as the email sent by Viking yesterday for mine is an hour out. They opened up for me this morning at 5.31 am and not 6.31am as mentioned in the email. Viking refused to listen to me that they had the time wrong when I called them a couple of days ago and then sent the wrong email timings. So please check if you are due to book soon. They did not take into account that Australia is mostly still on DST. The excursions I wanted were still available but several now booked out. 

Yeah, just wish Viking would tell us this. And if they present it as a Surprise to them and us on the day of departure then that would not be a good thing for them to do. I’ve emailed Viking and they agree it’s a tender but it could change. What they haven’t done is informed us of schedule changes to departure yet clearly there are. Your luggage will be offloaded during the night. Apparently if we do take the true inland route then that is quicker plus we don’t get to Ketchikan later than other ships so time hopefully factored in as long as tides aren’t an issue. And so many tenders involved in later ports. None of which is indicated in our itinerary. I know of four currently. 

(OT we have Netflix but all our mobiles are on the same plan so we have 300gb month data and so far the most we’ve used is 1/3 of that a month). 

Edited by Pushka

22 hours ago, Little Monty said:

Apologies .. Pushka has corrected my post. 

Enjoy.

Not the end of the world if my OBC is deducted from the shore excursions.  Was really just wondering if I'd be given the option - sounds like perhaps not.

This is the pop-up I get every time logging in to MVJ:

image.thumb.png.27a178ea257ceed441abadbabd545ca5.png

Edit: I already have the SSBP - was included as the special booking deal the month I booked.

Edited by just_dont

On 3/20/2019 at 1:20 PM, Pushka said:

Excursions - anyone due to book excursions in Australia for next couple of weeks needs to check their time as the email sent by Viking yesterday for mine is an hour out. They opened up for me this morning at 5.31 am and not 6.31am as mentioned in the email. Viking refused to listen to me that they had the time wrong when I called them a couple of days ago and then sent the wrong email timings. So please check if you are due to book soon. They did not take into account that Australia is mostly still on DST. The excursions I wanted were still available but several now booked out. 

One more question for those who have recently booked excursions:  Are you able to see which excursions (or specific times) have been fully booked (or Sold Out) prior to your booking time opening?  Or is the actual availability only presented once your booking window opens?

2 hours ago, just_dont said:

One more question for those who have recently booked excursions:  Are you able to see which excursions (or specific times) have been fully booked (or Sold Out) prior to your booking time opening?  Or is the actual availability only presented once your booking window opens?

Yes, you see the sold out excursions once that happens prior to your window opening up. And where there are several times and some are sold out, you can’t select those times either but you can see them as being sold out. 

Edited by Pushka