Favorite part of cruising with NCL?

SailorMan20

Have done NCL, Carnival and RC.  NCL is by far our favorite.  Didn't like Carnival - too many people who were way too drunk, carrying on all night and throwing up in the hallways (and who knows where else).  Also too many adolescents running around looking for trouble (literally trying to start fights with people!).  Never again.  RC was nice as it was our first cruise,  Smaller ship (Explorer of the Seas) and really great staff.

Our first NCL cruise was on the Breakaway - LOVED it!  Always something to do.  Staff was great.  So many places to eat and get a drink.  The biggest selling point for us is the freestyle dining,  It's so nice to know that we don't have to go to dinner at a set time.  And not having to pack extra clothes for a formal night is another plus.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:29 PM, SailorMan20 said:

What's Your favorite part of cruising with Norwegian over Carnival or Royal Caribbean? Also what's Your favorite ship in Norwegian current lineup?

Favorite part is the thermal spa pass. 

Only sailed in Bliss and loved it. 

Set to sail on Encore in 2020. 

• Like 1

My first NCL was on The Bliss----I was highly impressed and spoiled! Want to go back asap---sailing on the Dawn April 7th...when I booked it was told by an NCL rep "you will be disappointed"......I doubt it!

What I really like about NCL is the choice you’re given for restaurants. To be fair, I’ve only cruised Carnival once ( after three NCL) and that was what I noticed. We took advantage of Carnival’s anytime dining so it felt like freestyle but the only choice of restaurants were the buffet or the MDR. They had the steakhouse for $30 pp which to me at the time (2012) was very pricey. Cagney’s during that timeframe was still $25pp but I seem to recall in those days NCL would discount various specialty restaurants throughout the cruise. 

Now we’re  platinum on NCL so we get two dinners as a perk- add that to a 3 SDP and that leaves two nights for the MDR on a 7 day cruise. A very nice mix!