Has any pre-paid drinks package been honoured in 2019?

travellerpr

Hello, last year we sailed on 13th November, the day of the introduction of the new drinks packages. We had pre-paid our drinks package (All-inclusive). We had to argue our case to get what we had paid for.

In May we will sail again with pre-paid All-inclusive drinks package, will we have to go through the same stressful experience, or does anyone know that this has been resolved?

We sailed two weeks in February with the Classic package that was bought back in June. Absolutely no problem. Card was coded correctly, everything we ordered was no problem* - they have folders at every bar showing the old packages and what's included along with the new packages and what's inlcuded.

*We encountered one bartender who was a bit difficult, wouldn't give hubby the drink he ordered without saying for it, even after Guest Services had been  spoken to and clarifies that is was included, etc - bar manager had to actually send a memo around to make sure the bartender knew that drink was included. Not a problem - we just didn't order from him anymore.  Lots of other friendly bartenders who knew what was going on.  

I doubt you'll have any issues, they're pretty well dialed up on the changes now.  

It took the crew a bit of time to understand the situation regarding the old and new packages as there was a lot of confusion around the changes.  However, there are no problems now and, has been said already, the code for your package will be indicated on your cruisecard.

Did you sail in Europe?

We sailed in Europe in November (unfortunately the day of the change) and were refused our pre-paid package and told the All-inclusive Restaurant and Bar package now equated to the Easy package and we would have to pay €9 each extra per day to upgrade to the Premium package!

To get a drink (other than soda or water) we had to upgrade whilst arguing our case. There were NO alternative menus on the ship only the brand new ones. The waiters etc responded to the 431 code on our card. Later after upgrading it was 472. But after they agreed via Head Office, to accept our pre-paid package and refunded the €9 each extra the card was  mysteriously changed back to 431.

I'm just concerned that having heard nothing further from MSC we would have the same problems in May, when we sail the Baltic.

As I said, there was confusion around the time of the changes, but MSC quickly rectified the situation due to the push-back.  We sailed from Miami in January, but that's really irrelevant as everything had been sorted on all the ships across the fleet around the drinks package issues. 

Thanks Beamafar.

We hope that May will be an enjoyable cruise! With far less stress and wasted time queuing up at Customer Service! And that we can enjoy our sail away with our cocktails, as usual! (Not last time though, it had to be a soda!)

I can understand your concerns.  There was a lot posted on here at the time about the sort of problems you experienced.  Everything has settled down, since.  I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time - here's hoping, anyway!  😊

9 minutes ago, Kateann61414 said:

What about the gelato? They still giving that with the old packages? I saw the new ones don’t have it so I could see issues there. 

The code on your cruisecard will be an indication to the crew of what's included, so, if you have one of the old codes for Classic/Restaurant & Bar or Deluxe, you'll have gelato included (and the sundaes on the Deluxe).