Credit for not using free air fare

Sharon1927

BUMP - very interested in this as well. I declined it on my recent booking as well, wondering if I too can call NCL and see about getting a credit or price reduction...can't hurt to ask, right? :)

Edited by kenns

I received $100 off of my cruise fare for declining the free airfare, but that was back in November, when it was running as a separate promotion, before they were running it as a 6th "Free at Sea" perk and before they had the current promo, where it's just available as a separate thing from the Free at Sea perks on select sailings. Can't hurt to call and ask! I always book through my PCC unless I am booking at a CruiseNext desk onboard a sailing and she usually helps me out with that kind of stuff.

5 minutes ago, Sharon1927 said:

I'm thinking the same. Just read under a topic that someone received $100.00 off there booking for not using it. This was never mentioned to me when I booked through our PCC at NCL.  Time to make a phone call.

when was that topic dated?  I too booked the Bliss for March 2020,  and at that time, I couldn't get any credit for not using it.   I assume I can't get the $100 p.p.?  Guess I should call too!

7 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I received $100 off of my cruise fare for declining the free airfare, but that was back in November, when it was running as a separate promotion, before they were running it as a 6th "Free at Sea" perk and before they had the current promo, where it's just available as a separate thing from the Free at Sea perks on select sailings. Can't hurt to call and ask! I always book through my PCC unless I am booking at a CruiseNext desk onboard a sailing and she usually helps me out with that kind of stuff.

when in November did u book?  thx

I just booked today a 2021 cruise and air was included. I think it would only have been a $50 reduction in price if we opted out. We did pay an additional $25 pp to fly in 2 days early. 

I’m interested to hear experiences with those who used the air addon as far as flight times, etc. 

On 3/20/2019 at 6:28 PM, welove2cruise* said:

I just booked today a 2021 cruise and air was included. I think it would only have been a $50 reduction in price if we opted out. We did pay an additional $25 pp to fly in 2 days early. 

I’m interested to hear experiences with those who used the air addon as far as flight times, etc. 

It is interesting that you were only charged 25/pp for flying in two days early. When we tried to do that to Barcelona you had to book their hotel and price difference. Their current flights gets us in Barcelona the day of sailing and just out of our comfort zone for international travel. The add on for 2 days before outpriced it for us along with the core price.. no savings for the headache.