Playa Mia vs Paradise Beach with kids?

Gatordad815

I had chosen Paradise Beach based on the beautiful pool and good reviews. In addition we need a pay as you go option as our kids have food allergies and can’t eat at the resorts, so all-inclusive is a waste for us.

Recently Playa Mia showed up in the cruise planner as a pay as you go option with a pretty decent price, so I’ve been looking into it.

Kids are 5 & 3 and I know they’d love the splash area at Playa Mia. But the actual pool looks much nicer at Paradise Beach to me. It also seems Paradise Beach has much more shade, which is a must for my wife. It appears the beach at Playa Mia is a little nicer, but I’m not sure?

If you were looking for a nice pay as you go place with good service, a nice beach, shade, and a friendly environment for small kids, which would you choose? My gut says to stick with the original plan at Paradise Beach, but I’d love to hear opinions from folks who have taken their kids to both. Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Gatordad815 said:

I had chosen Paradise Beach based on the beautiful pool and good reviews. In addition we need a pay as you go option as our kids have food allergies and can’t eat at the resorts, so all-inclusive is a waste for us.

Recently Playa Mia showed up in the cruise planner as a pay as you go option with a pretty decent price, so I’ve been looking into it.

Kids are 5 & 3 and I know they’d love the splash area at Playa Mia. But the actual pool looks much nicer at Paradise Beach to me. It also seems Paradise Beach has much more shade, which is a must for my wife. It appears the beach at Playa Mia is a little nicer, but I’m not sure?

If you were looking for a nice pay as you go place with good service, a nice beach, shade, and a friendly environment for small kids, which would you choose? My gut says to stick with the original plan at Paradise Beach, but I’d love to hear opinions from folks who have taken their kids to both. Thanks!

Playa Mia has always had PAYG option and can be booked direct or just take a taxi and pay when you get  there so you can set your own time. Go to their website for different options.

I haven't been to Playa Mia because we chose day pass to Allegra. (Our little one was smaller than yours and i felt the Splash ground there would be quieter.) However I have been to Paradise. The facilities and pool are great and clean but the loungers are too close together for my liking for little kids.

That said I expect the loungers on the beach are close together at Playa Mia but it seems like there is more other things for little ones to do there. 

If you search members list for “Mitsugirly” you will find photo intensive reviews of Playa Mia ( mind, she went on an extremely quiet day!) and Paradise Beach which might help you decide.

Edited by c-leg5