Freyja toiletries

Buddypup

My question is, if anyone can answer is: do the Freyja toiletries contain ANYTHING coconut?  I am allergic to coconut and can't even have a drop or dust from it without having a reaction. I would like to know to decide how much of my own I need to bring along.  Cruise is a year away, just trying to get my ducks in a row early.

Thank you

I sympathize with the OP's coconut allergy as coconut is used in so many products and foods.  It is hard to avoid unknowing contact.  Glad to see the Freyja label for the lotion does not show any.  But then it shows a whole bunch of unpronounceable ingredients that I imagine might not be good for me.   I generally don't use any fragrances other than soap.  Like Andy, all those years at sea have left me naturally fresh smelling....😳

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I sympathize with the OP's coconut allergy as coconut is used in so many products and foods.  It is hard to avoid unknowing contact.  Glad to see the Freyja label for the lotion does not show any.  But then it shows a whole bunch of unpronounceable ingredients that I imagine might not be good for me.   I generally don't use any fragrances other than soap.  Like Andy, all those years at sea have left me naturally fresh smelling....😳

Jim - I think they called it eau de salt water and soot. 😁

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

When we booked our cruise DW contacted the good people at Tellus & they provided an excellent response, even offered to send samples, as her primary concern was fragrance.

I did the same thing and they sent me a full set of the shampoo, cream rinse, body wash and lotion in a lovely silver gift bag! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milehighgrandma said:

I asked the Viking agent that I booked our cruise with if there was a way to get samples, I too have allergies and sensitivity to fragrance. He told me just to bring my own. Where were you able to get samples from?

I posted on their Facebook page and they responded. The sales agents who do the bookings aren’t very good at customer relations 🙂. I’ve had good response with emailing tellus@vikingcruises.com. 

I have allergies to some ingredients and the Freyja ones were fine. Very, very light fragrance and I had no reaction. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Milehighgrandma said:

I asked the Viking agent that I booked our cruise with if there was a way to get samples, I too have allergies and sensitivity to fragrance. He told me just to bring my own. Where were you able to get samples from?

Contacted the great people at tellus@vikingcruises.com

I'm quite sensitive to scents and many "beauty" products so always carry my own shampoo and soap when travelling. I was curious about the Freyja products and decided to try them after a "sniff and hand wash" test.  Very mild fragrance but no reactions.  Leaving my shampoo and soap supply at home this fall. 

Edited by 2cruisecats
  • Like 1