Alcohol from Gift Shop in Galveston

OkieRican

If I order a decorations package from the gift shop that contains alcohol, will we get it on embarkation day or since we leave out of Galveston, will they hold it till day two? Both myself and B-I-L are celebrating our anniversaries and I wanted to do something cute. 

26 minutes ago, OkieRican said:

If I order a decorations package from the gift shop that contains alcohol, will we get it on embarkation day or since we leave out of Galveston, will they hold it till day two? Both myself and B-I-L are celebrating our anniversaries and I wanted to do something cute. 

If you order it from Fun Shops and have it delivered, you can enjoy it on the ship.  If you bring it on board, you can enjoy it on the ship.  If you buy it ON the ship in a shop, they will hold it until you disembark.  

15 minutes ago, LuckyStar said:

If you order it from Fun Shops and have it delivered, you can enjoy it on the ship.  If you bring it on board, you can enjoy it on the ship.  If you buy it ON the ship in a shop, they will hold it until you disembark.  

Doesnt TX have some weird liquor laws that dont allow alcohol until the ship gets out of port? or something? I have never cruised out of there but think that may be what the OP is refering to. 

Just now, elcuchio24 said:

Doesnt TX have some weird liquor laws that dont allow alcohol until the ship gets out of port? or something? I have never cruised out of there but think that may be what the OP is refering to. 

That is why I am asking. They are pretty weird. I know that the Cheers won't kick in until the next day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OkieRican said:

That is why I am asking. They are pretty weird. I know that the Cheers won't kick in until the next day.

Yes, I think the others didnt understand your specific question. As I understand it it needs to be TX stamped bottles in order to serve until the ship is XXXnm out of TX jurisdiction. I dont know if these funshop bottles are or not. Sorry cant be more help! You may want to call CCL direct on this one. 

10 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

The law as I understand it is the alcohol in Texas waters has to be purchased from Texas so Carnival has a limited supply for embarkation day and no cheers. If you order the alcohol for the room I think you may have to wait until day 2. I read a Vista review recently where the person complained they didn't their bottle until the second evening. I was thinking it might have to do with the Texas laws.

Edited by Saint Greg

3 hours ago, OkieRican said:

We ordered the honeymoon decorations with the bottle of champagne on the Vista last October out of Galveston and they had to wait to be put up and alcohol delivered until the second day. When you order it on the funshops they wont even give you the option for delivery on embarkation. The second day is the first option when selecting when they will be delivered.