Taxi's At Vancouver Airport

cormike1

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

This sounds great! I'll be on my own with just a small bag(3 day cruise) & have lots of time between getting off the ship & my flight. Can you use credit card at the machines to but tickets? 'm sure signs to get the train are pretty obvious?

If you take the simplest above-ground walking route (out of pier, turn left follow the sidewalk up Howe - ignoring the tempting SkyTrain entrance here as it goes to the wrong platform! - and turning left on Cordova, then following it to the huge old brick station building with many pillars) you will walk straight into a veritable forest of ticket vending machines, which happily accept Visa/MasterCard even if you don't have 'tap & go' cards. Once you buy your ticket, you have to head directly downstairs (or down escalators, or down elevator) to the platform that is right under where you were just buying your tickets - signs above each method of getting downward should say Canada Line in a pretty large, hard-to-miss format.

2 hours ago, martincath said:

If you take the simplest above-ground walking route (out of pier, turn left follow the sidewalk up Howe - ignoring the tempting SkyTrain entrance here as it goes to the wrong platform! - and turning left on Cordova, then following it to the huge old brick station building with many pillars) you will walk straight into a veritable forest of ticket vending machines, which happily accept Visa/MasterCard even if you don't have 'tap & go' cards. Once you buy your ticket, you have to head directly downstairs (or down escalators, or down elevator) to the platform that is right under where you were just buying your tickets - signs above each method of getting downward should say Canada Line in a pretty large, hard-to-miss format.

Thanks so much!

17 hours ago, victory2020 said:

This sounds great! I'll be on my own with just a small bag(3 day cruise) & have lots of time between getting off the ship & my flight. Can you use credit card at the machines to but tickets? 'm sure signs to get the train are pretty obvious?

Yes, the ticket machines at Skytrain stations accept credit cards - Visa or Mastercard

On 4/1/2019 at 5:44 PM, miagirl said:

Any idea what a taxi would cost from Canada Place to YVR?  On a Tuesday mid-morning?  Are Uber or Lyft in Vancouver yet?

many thanks!

The Skytrain is so easy...walk from Canada place to waterfront station which takes you directly to YVR .