Costa Maya Chaccoben Ruins excursion time

Cauzneffct

Anyone who's sailed or is sailing on the Armonia with a stop in Costa Maya, could you let me know when the Chaccoben Ruins excursion departs/returns?  We're cruising with some friends and we'd thought of just doing a beach day in Costa Maya, but they're thinking about the ruins.  I'm curious if its feasible/worthwhile to try and do both.   We arrive at 8am, depart at 6pm, and the excursion is 4 hours, so, assuming it departs in the early AM, its no problem.  But I've been burned in the past where excursions left at weird times.

18 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

When I visited Chacchoben, the excursion was longer than four hours. Four hours would just about cover the trip there and back without any time at the site.

Yeah, I'm just going off of what it says on the pre-bookable excursions site. Given MSC's technological . . . challenges, I realize that taking such info to be accurate or complete may be a mistake.  

Its been a while since we booked a ship excursion, but I remember Princess had more info, ie, departure times, a breakdown of the itinerary, etc.

I did this excursion years ago on NCL. I took the ship tour since I would be going by myself and my DH was doing a kayak/bike ride. I checked again on NCL site since my DD and I will be stopping there in November and NCl rates the time as 4 hours estimated. I do remember it was a wonderful excursion and I have some great pictures of a beautiful day. My DH and I met back at the ship and took a taxi to another beach for a short while.

We did this excursion privately last month. We were scheduled for 4 hours but took 4.5hrs. MSC will head off early, no fear. Private tours, we used Native Choice, are well used to getting you back on time. In fact, they offer a tour that includes a lunch and swim opportunity. Native Choice were excellent by the way. Ken

• Like 1