Regal Princess 14 day Eastern/Western Caribbean 31 Mar-14 Apr LIVE

tourismtessy

Thanks for the picture.I assumed that you were on the stern as you said you had a Premium Deluxe cabin.A236 is a regular Deluxe.I was hoping to see a stern cabin with its larger balcony.We will be boarding this Sunday staying in A324 which is just up the hall from you.Stop by If you have some time.

21 minutes ago, markf said:

Curious  as  to the  choice of  food  in the buffet, quality etc..

In my previous 56 cruises,on six cruise lines,I have never seen a better buffet than on the Royal and Regal except maybe Oceania.

3 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

In my previous 56 cruises,on six cruise lines,I have never seen a better buffet than on the Royal and Regal except maybe Oceania.

I'll second that.  We were on the March 10th sailing of the Regal and the buffet was fantastic.

11 hours ago, markf said:

Curious  as  to the  choice of  food  in the buffet, quality etc..

The buffet is great!  Lots of choices and very big.  Usually 2 types of carved meat, multiple main courses and sides.  Last night at dinner (buffet) I noticed a crepe station.  The guy was making crepes to order with all the trimmings you could want to add.

Thanks

I  agree from my experince , and after  30 + cruises  Regal P. had  the best bufet , so much so that I ate  dinner there most nights.

I have been on 1  other  p. cruise, and the food  was not in the same  league, so  it seems to me you nee to pick your ship carefully

4 hours ago, tourismtessy said:

The buffet is great!  Lots of choices and very big.  Usually 2 types of carved meat, multiple main courses and sides.  Last night at dinner (buffet) I noticed a crepe station.  The guy was making crepes to order with all the trimmings you could want to add.

Please tell Joel from the Philippines that his friends from Alabama from a couple of cruises back said hello.  He is the Chef de Partie on the next to last Buffet line going towards the aft (So he runs that part of the buffet).  You can tell him that we were the ones that he made a special batch of shrimp for one night...

14 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

I'll second that.  We were on the March 10th sailing of the Regal and the buffet was fantastic.

We are on right now as well, and love the buffet on the Regal.  We cruised on her last March and it was great.  Was on the Caribbean in June and it was the worst buffet I had ever seen, but back on the Regal now, and it's wonderful.  We don't go to the DR at all when on the Regal.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:38 PM, gizmodog said:

They haven’t changed to the new beds yet have they? We go on her in August and was hoping the bed would be changed to their new heavenly bed

It doesn't feel like the new beds.  They are pretty hard but I am sleeping fine.  Only a little back discomfort when I first wake up.  We sleep on a tempurpedic cloud at home.

1 hour ago, tourismtessy said:

It doesn't feel like the new beds.  They are pretty hard but I am sleeping fine.  Only a little back discomfort when I first wake up.  We sleep on a tempurpedic cloud at home.

On our first 3 Royal sailings I thought the bed was the most comfortable. On our recent Caribbean Princess sailing with the new mattress, we thought it was much less comfortable, especially if you sat on the edge. Felt like you would slide off.

Edited by richsea

Today is a day at sea.  We had our meeting this morning for all those passengers staying aboard for the next cruise.  We will have to meet in the Princess Theatre at 9:30 on Sunday morning to be taken off the ship and then brought back on.  You are allowed to get off earlier and go into town if desired.  If not planning to do that, or planning to go off a little later, you have to meet at 9:30 so everyone is off the ship and they can zero it out.  It sounds like it should all go smoothly.  I'll post after with the results.

Yesterday we were in St Maarten and we stayed onboard along with several other folks.  Hubby did manage some alone time in a hot tub which was nice.  Lots of folks sitting out around the pools but not many in them.  We haven't gone to see any shows and last night was the first Comedienne.  Hubby did not feel well so we ended up ordering room service for dinner and going to bed early.  Missed the show.

The day before that we were in St Thomas.  We did a shore excursion with the ship.  It was a panoramic island drive.  The sky was perfect.  We stopped at a few different places to get some pictures.  The first picture below is of our ship on the right and the Crown Princess on the left.  The second picture shows Water Island on the left and you can see a couple ships docked at the Crown Marina.  The 3rd and 4th picture are of Magens Bay.  It was so beautiful and definitely did not look crowded.  This was about 3 pm.  We enjoyed this tour.  There were 16 of us on a mini bus with air conditioning.  

IMG_8785.JPG

IMG_8787.JPG

IMG_8789.JPG

IMG_8790.JPG

• Thanks 1