Minimum days for drink package

ziggyuk

On the old packages I believe you could not buy the drinks packages for cruises under 4 days.

Anybody know if this still applies with the new packages, I can't find anything.

I imagine the same will apply, Ziggy (though I don't know, either - sorry!)  The fact that MSC's "latest" online brochure for 2019/2020 doesn't even have the new drinks packages in it (they have the old ones still showing  🙄) is it any wonder that information from MSC is so lacking.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I imagine the same will apply, Ziggy (though I don't know, either - sorry!)  The fact that MSC's "latest" online brochure for 2019/2020 doesn't even have the new drinks packages in it (they have the old ones still showing  🙄) is it any wonder that information from MSC is so lacking.

Thanks Beamafar.

Last night I saw an offer for a 4 night break including hotel in Hamburg, outbound flight and a three night cruise with balcony upgrade for £279, looks like a bargain for a short break and long weekend (fly out Saturday)

Cruise 3 days on MSC Preziosa - Hamburg - Le Havre - Southampton

Southampton is 30 min from home, I'm just not sure if I can buy a package on a 3 day, I have a feeling you could buy onboard before but just not in advance.

Edited by ziggyuk

Not sure if this is helpful, but I'll be doing almost the reverse of the cruise at the end of May. Southampton - Hamburg, albeit 4 days/5 nights. I have a drinks package for the cruise, but it was included with the fare. 

I've had a scour of the site and can't see anywhere in the T+C's that indicates a minimum cruise length like there was for the old drinks packages. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JPMoore said:

Not sure if this is helpful, but I'll be doing almost the reverse of the cruise at the end of May. Southampton - Hamburg, albeit 4 days/5 nights. I have a drinks package for the cruise, but it was included with the fare. 

I've had a scour of the site and can't see anywhere in the T+C's that indicates a minimum cruise length like there was for the old drinks packages. 

Thanks for checking JPMoore, I will see if the agent can add it at booking stage.

4 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

.....Last night I saw an offer for a 4 night break including hotel in Hamburg, outbound flight and a three night cruise with balcony upgrade for £279, looks like a bargain for a short break and long weekend (fly out Saturday)

Cruise 3 days on MSC Preziosa - Hamburg - Le Havre - Southampton.....

Are you sure....or is it a different ship? Preziosa is in the Caribbean right now and commences a Transatlantic back to Hamburg this weekend?

8 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Are you sure....or is it a different ship? Preziosa is in the Caribbean right now and commences a Transatlantic back to Hamburg this weekend?

The cruise is 17th August, I guess you thought "fly out Saturday" meant this Saturday.

Sorry, it's my poor wording, I meant a long weekend as it starts on a Saturday.

3 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

The cruise is 17th August, I guess you thought "fly out Saturday" meant this Saturday.

Sorry, it's my poor wording, I meant a long weekend as it starts on a Saturday.

Indeed....makes sense now, and a fab deal.

31 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Indeed....makes sense now, and a fab deal.

It certainly is a fab deal!

I have a vague memory of someone posting before that they were able to buy a package onboard a 3 night cruise as it was a section of a regular 7 nighter.  The same may apply for you, Ziggy.  Having to pay 15% will be a small price to pay (and will be very little, anyway, as it's only for 3 nights).