Aurea 'My Choice' dining question

JPMoore

For passengers in Aurea experience cabins on board MSC Preziosa, Divina etc is there a specific area within one of the MDR's that is designated for them? If so, which of the two MDR's is that in?

I've always been curious how passengers are allocated into which dining room i.e. are forward cabins placed in the double-height restaurant, aft cabins in the panoramic restaurant.

You're correct about the way they allocate the seating in the MDRs.  On Fantasia-class ships, the MDR on deck 6 is awkward to get to;  it's serviced by the aft elevator and therefore those in aft cabins are assigned to it.  So are Aurea guests (in our experience).  When we were in Aurea on Fantasia we were assigned a table in Il Cerchio d'Oro at the back of restaurant beside one of the aft windows. 

You cannot access this MDR if you are actually on deck 6 - you have to go up to deck 7, go aft past the photo shop, then either get the aft elevator or the stairs down one flight to reach the MDR entrance.  The reason for this is that this MDR is at the back of the larger MDR (which is on both deck 5 & 6);  as you cannot go through the deck 6 section of the larger MDR, you have to go over it.

On Divina, the smaller MDR is Villa Rossa (The Black Crab being the larger one) and on Preziosa they are L'Arabesque and The Golden Lobster, respectively.

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks Bea! You're right about Villa Rossa being rather awkward to get to, as I remember being stopped on several occasions whilst on Divina by very lost (and presumably very hungry) diners asking for directions there - but I wasn't of much help!

If that's the case with Aurea guests, my parents are certainly in for a long walk on their Preziosa cruise 😂 They're in an Aurea balcony just down the corridor from the bridge on Deck 13!

1 minute ago, JPMoore said:

Thanks Bea! You're right about Villa Rossa being rather awkward to get to, as I remember being stopped on several occasions whilst on Divina by very lost (and presumably very hungry) diners asking for directions there - but I wasn't of much help!

If that's the case with Aurea guests, my parents are certainly in for a long walk on their Preziosa cruise 😂 They're in an Aurea balcony just down the corridor from the bridge on Deck 13!

Yep ... it's the furthest MDR from the Aurea cabins, alright!  They'd be best advised to go to deck 7 and walk along that deck, past the photo shop, then take the elevator down to deck 6.  It doesn't seem as long a walk as it would be to walk the corridors of deck 13 to the aft - that can seem endless!  Plus, it's not easy to know if you've reached the aft lift and if you take the one before it down to deck 6, you have to go back up to 7 to go aft.  It gets very messy and complicated then.

I remember our first few cruises on Fantasia-class - it took me a long time to figure out how to get to that aft restaurant LOL.  It was the one that opened for lunch and I loved it as we were always assigned to the larger MDR for dinner.  I always thought it was better appointed and seemed roomier, somehow.