What kind of Stroller?

We are taking a western Mediterranean cruise May 5 on the Oasis of the Seas (we hope)!!!! We have two children ages 4 and 6 travelling with us. The itinerary is very  long days, and only one sea day. What kind of stroller should we bring, jogging stroller, single stroller, double stroller? The boys don't use a stroller at home, but I don't think they will last all day. 

15 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

For  4 and 6 year old, I would recommend no stroller for the Mediterranean ports.   Streets can get crowded.   Take lots of breaks.

Yep streets crowded and not always stroller conducive, cobblestone and the like.  If anything maybe one fold up compact one so if you try one day without it and wished you had it you can grab it the next port, or vice versa, but you won't be out a ton of space if you end up not doing it.

But definitely don't plan on filling up the day with activities, plan in plenty of down time, even if it's spreading out meals to be snacks with sitting, re-hydrating!

DS is two and we use an umbrella stroller. I think a double anything even a ride/stand for two kids would be too big, even for trying to get it around on the ship.

Edit: And yes, keep bumpy streets in mind when looking at the size and type of the wheels.

Depending on the size of the kid, an umbrella stroller might work, but get them used to it before you go on the trip!

Other than that, yes take lots of breaks and make sure to plan a couple of things of interest to the kids.

Edited by TBone2K

I spent many days pushing my twins around cities in the Med with no problem.  A MacLaren side-by-side was narrow enough, good on cobblestones and folds with a strap to carry up/down stairs.  Unless you're doing private tours in every port, I would NEVER go without - it's way too hot to carry a tired kid, and all their stuff, and it would be a shame to have to cut the day short to take a nap.  With the stroller, they can nap or snack while you keep going.  The other alternative could be a sit n' stand, but those are heavier if you're going to have stairs.  The only places I had trouble with the stroller were the Vatican (all steps and narrow corridors) and Athens would have been trouble (the Acropolis is not stroller friendly 😃), but we hired a taxi for the day to drive us place to place.  But otherwise, the locals use strollers too.