Carnival Mardi Gras

csj092809

On 4/10/2019 at 12:00 PM, csj092809 said:

I decided to go with an interior cabin.

Back to the topic at hand, you’ve selected an amazing cabin and I bet you’ll have a sickening time. Cheers!

50 minutes ago, Dylobs said:

So, I will also respectfully disagree with your opinion that all of those guests are looking to separate themselves from the rest of the cruisers.

To each their own.

You have already stated that you have an Excel Suite booked, so then you'll be lounging on the Lido deck with the throngs instead of hanging out at Loft19?  Since you don't want to separate yourself from the rest of the cruisers...

16 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You have already stated that you have an Excel Suite booked, so then you'll be lounging on the Lido deck with the throngs instead of hanging out at Loft19?  Since you don't want to separate yourself from the rest of the cruisers...

Because the lido deck is the only other public area on the ship, right? Lol!

Edited by Dylobs

6 minutes ago, Dylobs said:

Right, because the lido deck is the only other public area on the ship, right? Lol!

You stated that you don't want to separate yourself from the rest of the cruisers, so it's a safe assumption that you and your significant other would choose to relax in the area that is the polar opposite of separation.

10 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You stated that you don't want to separate yourself from the rest of the cruisers, so it's a safe assumption that you and your significant other would choose to relax in the area that is the polar opposite of separation.

I’m sensing some salty underpants at this point 😉

We both know full and well that there are PLENTY of cruisers who stay away from Lido due to the crowds and screams. If you must know, you’ll only find me there for Dive-In movies, deck parties, and the occasional Guys burger/Blue Iguana taco.

Edit* Don’t forget the buffet ❤️

I choose to “not ostracize” myself at places like the Alchemy Bar, Havana Bar, night club, and Playlist/Comedy shows, but that’s just me.

When you assume.... Well, I’m sure you know the rest!

Edited by Dylobs

5 minutes ago, Dylobs said:

I’m sensing some salty underpants at this point 😉

We both know full and well that there are PLENTY of cruisers who stay away from Lido due to the crowds and screams. If you must know, you’ll only find me there for Dive-In movies, deck parties, and the occasional Guys burger/Blue Iguana taco.

I choose to “not ostracize” myself at places like the Alchemy Bar, night club, and shows, but that’s just me.

When you assume.... Well, I’m sure you know the rest!

We can finally find done common ground to agree about.  Alchemy during each evening as well as Guy's a few times over the course of the week are favorites of mine as well. Enjoy your Excel.... I'm still upset over the reduction of the Havana area compared to the 3 Vista Class ships.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 3:00 PM, csj092809 said:

I decided to go with an interior cabin. They have ones that have the same space as a balcony room without the balcony, so I chose one of those. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I am saving my money for doing other things on the islands and maybe booking another cruise! The Excel suites are a hard no for me. As expensive as they are and then to pay extra for a private lounge...no thanks. Seems weird the cruise lines want to ostracize the majority of their passengers by turning it into the very situation they are trying to escape (people with money not having to mingle with us regular folks lol). I think these Excel suites may backfire on Carnival.  They have nothing to do with passenger loyalty and everything to do with people who have money to waste (in my opinion) segregating themselves from other cruisers. Go rent a private yacht if that is how you feel! Anyway, just my opinion.

It works well for other cruise lines.if I had money to burn like that I might try it.we always had insides but moved to ocean view on this up coming carnival cruise and got a balcony on msc for next summer.i don't plan on cruising any more it's the same ports over and over without flying somewhere.my wife was complaining about going to Cozumel again.oh well she's got 2 more visits.

6 hours ago, scpirate said:

i don't plan on cruising any more it's the same ports over and over without flying somewhere.my wife was complaining about going to Cozumel again.oh well she's got 2 more visits.

If you cruise for the ports...there are many options.  Regionally, you can choose between Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, Southern Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, Alaska, Mexican Riviera, and Hawaii.  That's 9 different regions just in the Western Hemisphere.  You then have all of the Asian, South Pacific,  & European regions in the Eastern Hemisphere.

Another option is to cruise for the ship and just cruise on the newest one on each line.  You can then stay on the ship the entire time if so desired and utilize all the bells and whistles that the new ships offer.

Present this to your wife and maybe she'll stop complaining.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 3:00 PM, csj092809 said:

I decided to go with an interior cabin. They have ones that have the same space as a balcony room without the balcony, so I chose one of those. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I am saving my money for doing other things on the islands and maybe booking another cruise! The Excel suites are a hard no for me. As expensive as they are and then to pay extra for a private lounge...no thanks. Seems weird the cruise lines want to ostracize the majority of their passengers by turning it into the very situation they are trying to escape (people with money not having to mingle with us regular folks lol). I think these Excel suites may backfire on Carnival.  They have nothing to do with passenger loyalty and everything to do with people who have money to waste (in my opinion) segregating themselves from other cruisers. Go rent a private yacht if that is how you feel! Anyway, just my opinion.

Why would they backfire?

We are booked for the Sept 30, 202p repo cruise. We have a spa interior, deck 17. So excited! I think what type cabin you book is just personal preference. We never book a balcony, we love a cozy interior. But we do love the spa amenities, so that's our little splurge. We like the serenity deck, too, so I guess that's our way of getting away from the lido madness. But we enjoy the lido for movies, food, and people watching. Either way, suite, balcony, interior, etc, I bet we will all just love our 15 day cruise, I know I will.

• Like 1