Getting From BAMZ to Dockyard

Wombservice

We’re a family of five coming in on the Carnival Sunrise for just a day at the end of June.  We arrive at 8:00 am..  If we spend a few hours in the morning at Horseshoe Beach, grab a taxi over to  Flatts Village for lunch at Village Pantry and then visit BAMZ (is it close enough to walk there?), should we take a taxi or ferry back to dockyard afterward?  Our ship leaves at 4:00 pm - could we reasonably fit all this in?  Thank you!

We’re a family of five coming in on the Carnival Sunrise for just a day at the end of June.  We arrive at 8:00 am..  If we spend a few hours in the morning at Horseshoe Beach, grab a taxi over to  Flatts Village for lunch at Village Pantry and then visit BAMZ (is it close enough to walk there?), should we take a taxi or ferry back to dockyard afterward?  Our ship leaves at 4:00 pm - could we reasonably fit all this in?  Thank you!

If you keep track of the time you could do Horseshoe and BAMZ. I don’t know if it is reasonable with lunch at the Village Pantry as never having had a meal there I don’t know how long lunch would be. If lunch is long then your time at the BAMZ would have to be less. Is lunch more important or the BAMZ? I don’t recall anyone from a cruise ship reporting they had lunch at the Village Pantry. The Village Pantry would be walkable to BAMZ. You would want to take a taxi back to the Dockyard to be back by 4. Keeping track of time would be vital.

Thank you for your reply!  We could totally skip the restaurant and grab something at either the beach or the aquarium  in favor of enjoying BAMZ and getting back on time.  Any idea how much taxi fare might be from BAMZ to the dockyard?  And are there usually taxis waiting outside BAMZ that could take the five of us?  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Wombservice said:

Thank you for your reply!  We could totally skip the restaurant and grab something at either the beach or the aquarium  in favor of enjoying BAMZ and getting back on time.  Any idea how much taxi fare might be from BAMZ to the dockyard?  And are there usually taxis waiting outside BAMZ that could take the five of us?  Thanks again.

A taxi for 5 from BAMZ to Dockyard would be about $70 to $75 plus tip. I'm sure they could call a taxi for you. 

Edited by njhorseman

FYI...Carnival has what I consider to be a bad practice of not changing their ship time to match the local port time. If your itinerary says you're in port from 8 to 4 please be aware that you're likely in port from 9 to 5, which is in fact what the official Bermuda port schedule says.