Available Drinks. Tea kettle or coffee press in rooms?

Cruise2End

This is our first cruise with Costa.    Are you able to make coffee or tea in your room?    Do they serve tap water at least with meals in dining rooms?   Is regular coffee (Americano) or ice tea provided in dining rooms or buffet?    I love my coffee and tea (not specialty coffees - just plain) and would like tap water with my meal, bottled not necessary.    

Appears even water may may not be served??   Do they offer something other than packages for espresso or lattes?    If not, how much is a cup of offer (Amercano style)?   Any info would be appreciated.

Hi

No coffee or tea making facilities in cabins unless you are in a suite or mini suite. The have coffee pod machine but there is a charge. 

As far as I am aware passengers from USA have  water included on their cards for the dining rooms. No coffee in the MDR unless you order(and pay) from a bar. There is coffee and tea during meal time and afternoon tea in the buffet. No iced tea except for cans at the bars. They do an americano coffee. Not sure about the current price as it does not appear on my elderly bar menu.

Depending on what cabin package you have booked you might have a drinks package of sorts included. Only the " basic" does not have anything at all.

Riana

Again, assuming Costa USA. Operational currency is usually Euros. Cappuccino was somewhere around 3.50. I don't book with Costa USA unless I'm with a group and have to, a group booking can have different inclusions. My last trip I didn't spend enough to be worth a package.

Were dining times specified? That's another difference between fares.

Probably “waterusa” but a package could have been booked. I think coffee was included with breakfast but not dinner. Different market have different inclusions and they can change, for example, Germany includes service in the quoted price, Costa France will as of December.

You could try calling your agent and demanding honest information about your booking, but it doesn't sound hopeful.

I agree totally with Bob.

Costa has many rules concerning different Countries so it is important that you check what is included in any deal you have with them.

Tipping, drinks packages & even club perks & points are some of the different offerings.

Thanks for your responses.    I’m sure all will be fine.   I’ll go to Plan B if need be.    We really would not purchase other drinks enough and I drink black coffee only,  to be concerned about “drink” packages.