Current condition of Voyager

makai 7

Is the Voyager going into drydock for an overhaul soon?

I ask because she is looking rather ragged as far as hard and soft furnishings are concerned, not to mention the big dent on the stern.

The captain was in the Horizon lounge today pointing out furniture that needed repair.

Right now we are in a penthouse suite and all of the furniture has been "enhanced" with squares of plywood to hold the legs on. I was initially afraid to sit on the bench- I thought it would collapse. 

One of the lamps is held together with large gobs of silicone. 

20190413_092103.jpg

20190413_092047.jpg

20190413_092404.jpg

The condition of the furnishings in luxury accommodations should be top notch, whether it is on a ship or in a hotel.  The worn condition of the furnishings is not a new occurrence which is indicated by the repairs and by previous comments made. It is not reasonable to have furnishings in such disrepair that you fear falling if you sit down.    Regent advertises “enriching and luxurious journey on the seven seas.”  That is not what you received every time you went into your cabin or into the Horizon Lounge.  I know that when the furnishings are shabby in my cabin on a Regent ship I am disappointed, even if every other aspect of the cruise was outstanding.

• Like 2