Timing of upsells

oskidunker

13 minutes ago, geoherb said:

If you are taking an upsell, you shouldn't be losing any OBC. I checked the one time we took an upsell (from a balcony to a suite). 

Hope that is true. I was told once that certain OBC would stick (like FCC) but that promotional OBC would not. Wouldn’t be the first time that the rep got something wrong. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/1/2019 at 3:39 PM, oskidunker said:

Someone mentioned that they created their own upsell by calling Princess. If that poster could post details, it would be helpful. 

Would love to hear these details or any info. On timing of upsells happening this season, especially in Alaska.

I'm sailing on the Royal Aug 10th. Final Payment was May 27th. On Tues we received an upsell from inside to balcony or deluxe balcony. They called us back on Wednesday afternoon. Ended up taking the balcony, as we needed two connecting cabins and liked that location better.

4 minutes ago, thegoaliegirl said:

I'm sailing on the Royal Aug 10th. Final Payment was May 27th. On Tues we received an upsell from inside to balcony or deluxe balcony. They called us back on Wednesday afternoon. Ended up taking the balcony, as we needed two connecting cabins and liked that location better.

Inside to balcony! Sweet! Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 8:52 AM, Sailaway617 said:

Would love to hear these details or any info. On timing of upsells happening this season, especially in Alaska.

I tried calling a couple of months before our Alaska Cruise, but no luck. I was told they are totally different departments and there was no way for the people that answer the normal princess number to facilitate an upsell. I did get an upsell about 4 weeks prior to the cruise, but pretty sure it was not related to my phone call. 

• Like 1

No one got any upsells that the roll call mentions on Iceland norway cruise in July. One guy got an offer from a mini to a full suite which was declined 

The balconies disappeared last week do who knows what happened. Still possible if someone cancels. Not counting on it, especially since traveling to location a fee days before the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Rosemary222 said:

On Royal Southbound in August.  Received an upsell offer about a week after final payment was due.   Offer was $139 pp to go from an inside (IB) to a balcony (BB).   We took the offer and are pleased. 

Same here. We also are sailing SB in August on the Royal. Received the same offer- $139 to a balcony or $189 to a deluxe balcony. Went for the balcony, as we were able to get two inside adjoining mid-forward balconies. About a week later friends got an upsell from a deluxe balcony to a mini for $189pp, which they also took. We have another friend going solo in a deluxe obstructed balcony and got an almost $600 price drop after final payment (she did lose $300 in OBC, but it is still a win).

• Like 2