“Free/reduced airfare”

Tabatha1988

14 hours ago, firewife09 said:

If you choose to pay the extra to come in the day before do you have to use a hotel that NCL picks or can you book your own hotel?

I believe when they first began the promotion you could deviate the air 1 day for $50, but 2 days prior to sailing required their hotel partner. More recently it appears that the hotel requirement for 1 or 2 days has been modified and 2 days deviation is $25/per passenger for $50 total and no mention of having to use their hotel or transportation. This was successfully booked by our traveling partners within the last 2 weeks and I was on the phone with them during the booking. (Footnote)We did not ask any rate information further deviation days beyond the 2 days prior to sailing so I cannot personally speak to anything past that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 8:17 AM, andymattmom said:

We leave IND at 7am and arrive in Miami 945 am nonstop on American Airlines. Return is also nonstop on American leaves 3:45 arrives 6:45 pm. It was $50 per person- I found good free seats and we opted out of transfer fee so that wasn’t charged (we are going to Uber to Hampton Inn Mary Brickell). It was much cheaper than prices on any airline for us -even including baggage fees. I checked all airlines including our normal Southwest. I checked flying into Ft Lauderdale and Orlando also. We won’t fly Frontier or Allegiant or Spirit. We are going Memorial Day weekend. Our hotel was $204 including free breakfast . 

Hope that helps 

We will be flying to Dubai from Chicago and our airfare from NCL will be $600 each.  How close to your departure did you find out your itinerary and did they give you seats together?  We also are going to pay to come in a day early,  but will not be charged if we take their hotel, which we will not know until closer to our trip.  Everything is so unknown!!!

Thank so much for any advice you or anyone else can give us.

Louise

57 minutes ago, msdurk said:

We will be flying to Dubai from Chicago and our airfare from NCL will be $600 each.  How close to your departure did you find out your itinerary and did they give you seats together?  We also are going to pay to come in a day early,  but will not be charged if we take their hotel, which we will not know until closer to our trip.  Everything is so unknown!!!

Thank so much for any advice you or anyone else can give us.

Louise

We found out at 60 days. At that time there was a reservation locator- I was able to go on American Airlines website- put in that number and get seats (NCL doesn’t assign). You can also pay extra for more legroom seats,etc. I was able to find 4 aisles close together.

We are on a nonstop flight. I honestly found the NCL travel people to be very nice (even though we booked through an agency the air department people spoke with me). 

We are going in the day before. We opted out of NCL hotel and transfers as we’ve been to Miami and have Uber driver we like. 

Hope that helps ! If more questions ask and I can try and answer. Our flight is 4 weeks from today - leave at 6:45 am.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, andymattmom said:

We found out at 60 days. At that time there was a reservation locator- I was able to go on American Airlines website- put in that number and get seats (NCL doesn’t assign). You can also pay extra for more legroom seats,etc. I was able to find 4 aisles close together.

We are on a nonstop flight. I honestly found the NCL travel people to be very nice (even though we booked through an agency the air department people spoke with me). 

We are going in the day before. We opted out of NCL hotel and transfers as we’ve been to Miami and have Uber driver we like. 

Hope that helps ! If more questions ask and I can try and answer. Our flight is 4 weeks from today - leave at 6:45 am.

Very much ---thank you

On 4/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, andymattmom said:

thank  you

On 4/15/2019 at 1:17 PM, alexgtp said:

Chicago to Seattle  RT on United w/ Direct Flights.

I have been pricing this cruise out for the past 4 years but it was always over my budget (7 day Alaska).

This year however with all the perks offered (even with the added taxes and fees, I took all 5 perks plus  FREE gratuities and OBC courtesy of  my TA) trip was about $600 cheaper this year and I did not have to book my own airfare, which would have added an additional $800. So yes for me it worked out very well.

But every situation is different. Some people say the airfare/perks are not free because of the higher cost in the Cruise fare to offset the "FREE" perks promotions. While on some cruises this is true, there are sometimes great deals to be found, if you seek them out.

We are in the same situation for the Mediterranean out of Barcelona. Cruise fare plus airfare didn't work and been looking at this cruise for a few years. This year it works with the promotion. There are 6 going of us in 3 balcony cabins. $399 RT from Newark, flight info probably a couple of months away. We make final payment this week!

We booked to arrive a day ahead, so traded the early fee for the transfer fee, a wash. We've never been to Barcelona, so hopefully we'll be in early enough to tour the city. We'll do some the next morning as the ship doesn't depart until 6pm.

We are considering a Southern Caribbean cruise  in 2020 the offer to fly from Phoenix to New York is  $135.00 (flight) and $93  (transfer to and from the ship).

The ship departs at 4:00 pm.   Does this sound somewhat tight on timing ?  What airlines are  NCL likley to use for this 6 or 7 hours flight ? 

Any thoughts from those who have already done something from the west coast ?

9 minutes ago, davy jones said:

What airline did you fly and did they charge baggage fees?

Trip is coming up in May.  I am only using a carry on, so it’s free with AA and I selected my seats. I was also able to change return flight. 

21 hours ago, tokidoki said:

Trip is coming up in May.  I am only using a carry on, so it’s free with AA and I selected my seats. I was also able to change return flight. 

Thanks.  We're flying from EWR (also "free") and don't have our info yet for June cruise.

I waited and called numerous times, till I got the info for 5/13, and then it appeared on my acct page.   Had to change flight coming home, which was surprisingly simple and then our 7:40am flight from JFK got cancelled and became a 6:29am flight.    Both non-stop to MIA.   

I opted not to for our upcoming trip out of Copenhagen:

-They did not offer any flights out of our home city, so we would have to fly or drive to another city 

-No option to fly in early; arrival on the day of the cruise only

-In looking at flight itineraries, all but one had 20+ hour travel time to reach Copenhagen, with 3-4 flights and long layovers. One itinerary was only 14 hours travel time and only one connection, and being more expensive than the rest, NCL certainly would have put us on one of the longer itineraries. 

-The more expensive flight itinerary also gets us home the same day the cruise ends, while the cheaper ones would get us home a day later - not an option since we have to be back at work 2 days after the cruise ends, and we need that extra day to reacclimate. 

-After factoring in the cost of getting to another airport, NCL's flights *might* have saved us $500, but would have cost us 2 days of our vacation and the 3 days pre-cruise we're planning on spending in Copenhagen. 

So, not at all a good value for our situation. We booked the slightly more expensive flight itinerary because it's exactly what we need and maximizes actual vacation time/minimizes travel time. 

Edited by Caaake