Vegan menus

jha112

I've never seen a "vegan menu".  There are always vegetarian options on every menu, but those won't be vegan.  (I know there's a big difference.) 

We know a family of four who ate vegan who have cruised a couple of times on different cruise lines the last few years.  They spoke with the head chef in the MDR and the buffet, and contacted special services before the cruise .  The ship tried pretty hard to work with their vegan requirements.  They enjoyed their cruises, but all felt the options were limited and it was a bit of work.  They all ended up eating some non vegan choices during their cruise.

There is no 'vegan' menu as it were...

Being vegan myself, I speak to the Maitre d' first day to make sure they know (and they do LOL) about me being vegan.

Almost always you will see the next nights menu and let them know what you want and how. Personally, I leave it up to the Chef to prepare something instead of having to labour over all of the possible combinations.

I do provide some guidance and input like, I generally do not care for beets and no meals the same during any three day period, as on Silly a few years back, even though I really enjoyed the vegetable risotto after day two of it, I sent it back on day three...

Also, what I do is go to the kitchen tour on the first sea day, meet with the chefs then to discuss further what I like to have and figure out how creative they are without much input from me. On the Summit it was fantastic, a different meal every night and my bonus was the Pastry Chef made a different dessert for me each night on the last night they presented every dessert prepared each night for the whole table.. it was amazing, to be sure.

Yes, let them know, look at the menus and you may just find what is on the vegetarian menu can be made vegan and you will be happy with that...

YMMV.... though.

bon appetite and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 8:36 PM, Bo1953 said:

There is no 'vegan' menu as it were...

Being vegan myself, I speak to the Maitre d' first day to make sure they know (and they do LOL) about me being vegan.

Almost always you will see the next nights menu and let them know what you want and how. Personally, I leave it up to the Chef to prepare something instead of having to labour over all of the possible combinations.

I do provide some guidance and input like, I generally do not care for beets and no meals the same during any three day period, as on Silly a few years back, even though I really enjoyed the vegetable risotto after day two of it, I sent it back on day three...

Also, what I do is go to the kitchen tour on the first sea day, meet with the chefs then to discuss further what I like to have and figure out how creative they are without much input from me. On the Summit it was fantastic, a different meal every night and my bonus was the Pastry Chef made a different dessert for me each night on the last night they presented every dessert prepared each night for the whole table.. it was amazing, to be sure.

Yes, let them know, look at the menus and you may just find what is on the vegetarian menu can be made vegan and you will be happy with that...

YMMV.... though.

bon appetite and bon voyage

The vegan desserts were fantastic on the Summit. I mentioned the pastry chef in my X evaluation.

How did you set up.the kitchen tour? 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2019 at 8:12 PM, jha112 said:

We are sailing on the Reflection in July. Has anyone had experience with their vegan cuisine? Any suggestions?

Here [link] are photos of vegan meals served at Luminae on a 15 night cruise.

• 1 month later...

My partner and I had great vegan meals aboard the Celebrity Equinox (Jan 2019) and Solstice (Aug 2015)! 

On the first night, we informed the dining crew (Main Restaurant) that we were vegan and we were well taken care of. The team really went out of their way to please us. Every evening we were presented with a vegan menu for the following night's service so that we can place our dinner order in advance. They even offered to make a completely different meal if the menu wasn't appealing to us. 

Items at Oceanview Cafe (buffet) were clearly marked as vegetarian and lactose free, but not egg free. We spoke to a head chef that was able to walk us through the options and confirm which items were completely vegan. There's an amazing Indian station that we looked forward to every day for breakfast and lunch. I also loved making myself a giant salad from the salad bar.

Additionally, the buffet had non-dairy milks in the morning for breakfast. If you don't see them out, please ask someone! 

There were also vegan options available at the Spa Cafe, as well as a la carte juices and smoothies. The veggie burger at Mast Grill was vegan on the Equinox. It wasn't labeled as such, but the cook was able to confirm with the chef for us. 

Not many dessert options, so we were surprised when there was a chocolate berry mousse cake waiting for us after dinner one night! 

The customer service on Celebrity is top notch. Everyone was so kind and attentive. They made vegan dining a breeze. 

hBsm6HgNSNCe1B1oQN+Ayg_thumb_2832.jpg

e9dBpiRnTHGVZ8ncpoVfgA_thumb_28dd.jpg

KlkXckbNShS9KvMSIlCEVw_thumb_2828.jpg

Jh57aNE9RNCd3Oz5ljy2fg_thumb_2826.jpg

DaWJSn8bSteMEede2P%6hw_thumb_2927.jpg

9TBF4u2tQp6aY9dA0azBKw_thumb_28eb.jpg

fBLwZP%7TCmtwvZoKPHlRQ_thumb_28ad.jpg

v3eB+R1cQ8eBgr8x0pEMCQ_thumb_28be.jpg

wnfOSwv5RJyeT1J3ftfdQg_thumb_28ab.jpg

BjKEGCE8TWm2rXdp77kmXw_thumb_28c4.jpg

lGH1GpcCSr6oPLcsEju5Gw_thumb_28b2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f5e.jpg