Fort Lauderdale Cruise Terminal

ScottC4746

We like to stay in the 17th Street/Convention Center area, near the Harbor Plaza shopping center.  Several hotels there and we stay at Hyatt Place due to using points.  Very nice place and good free breakfast.  Last time the taxi we called never showed up and the hotel shuttle ($8 pp as I recall) had just left, so the doorman felt sorry for us and made a special trip in the other shuttle bus just for us!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/14/2019 at 9:54 AM, ScottC4746 said:

What is the official name and/or physical address for the Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal that Holland America departs from?

As in, I live in Jacksonville FL, and will be DRIVING for the first time to a cruise in Ft L., so what do I put into the GPS on the car to get to the Heron Lot?

Interestingly enough, I can't find that ANYWHERE on the internet.

On 4/14/2019 at 9:27 AM, terrydtx said:

We always use the Pier 66 Hotel located at the sea entrance to the Port, you can get a great view of the ships departing in the afternoon and coming into port in the early morning. Our TA always gets us a great deal for our pre cruise stays here.

Here is the link:

https://www.pier66hotelmarina.com

Big things are happening at Pier Sixty-Six. A South Florida icon for more than 50 years, Pier Sixty-Six Hotel is temporarily closed for a total reimagination of the destination.Set to reopen in 2024 

29 minutes ago, MauiWowie57 said:

As in, I live in Jacksonville FL, and will be DRIVING for the first time to a cruise in Ft L., so what do I put into the GPS on the car to get to the Heron Lot?

Interestingly enough, I can't find that ANYWHERE on the internet.

not sure what gps unit you might be using, but google maps recognizes port everglades terminal 26 as a destination. most HAL ships will be in that general area

On 4/14/2019 at 3:06 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I remember your cab story. Fort Lauderdale cabbies have a bad reputation, don't they?!  That's why I like Uber. 

I haven’t read any one else’s cab stories but let me tell you ours:

Picture it …cab from FLL to HAL Nieuw Amsterdam dock (December 2019).  Craig wants to look at our passports, take out royal blue folder and give him the folder.  Then we get out, pay driver, and sit on a bench waiting for doors to open at terminal.  I start gathering essentials - ID’s, Boarding Pass, and Passports.  And……no Passports—- left in the cab!

To shorten my story, thanks to a good memory we remember name of cab company, called them, they got in touch with driver AND the sweet man was already on his way back bringing us the ‘Royal blue folder’.  You know that driver got a real healthy second tip!

Edited by CM1984
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...