To bid on an upgrade or not.... bliss

rahuskey

Ok experts I need your opinions.  We are set in a nice angled balcony on deck 12 for our June Alaska cruise.  I am going back and forth on bidding on an upgrade for a spa balancy.  I love spas, but with a busy Alaska schedule I can’t decide if I would use it $250 worth.  My main concern about bidding for an upgrade is that it looks to me that many of the spa balconies are under the fitness center.  We enjoy sleeping in on vacations.  What would you do? The upgrade bid is 50$/pp.  

Seems really simple. 

Keep your wonderful balcony and pay $200 for a spa pass (May be $250). Or gamble on an upgrade for $250+. 

The only perk perk may be some upgraded amenities (shampoo and soap) in the spa room. 

Keep your angle balcony. Enjoy the beauty of Alaska. It is magical. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

I would stay put in the angled balcony.  You know what you have and where its located.  As others have said, the spa balcony could be in a noisier location.  Besides that, there is so much to see on an Alaska cruise that you might not want to spend enough time in the spa to justify the extra expense.

TOTALLY agree with the others...keep your angled balcony and just buy spa passes if you want them!  There is nothing better about the actually spa balcony room other than the spa pass.  The spa min-suites have the upgraded bathroom.

If you are going to bid on ANYthing...bid on the Havens.  Other than that, I would not bid on anything else.

Enjoy!

When you bid, you have to be prepared for a cabin in a location you would never have chosen (e.g., under the fitness center, to use your example).  You clearly have a very carefully chosen cabin.  Personally, I would not give it up. 

We just pulled our bids from the spa cabins specifically because of the chance of being under the fitness center. I am still questioning my decision because right now it is showing all the available cabins are on the other side, which would be great! but I know things can change and we could still end up under the fitness center. Currently we are on deck 13 near the aft stairway, so a really good location for us. Still... the thought of all three of us being able to use the spa for only 300 total (if we had won the bid) was really tempting. I know Alaska will have us busy so I am just going to enjoy the boat on sea days.

• 3 weeks later...