Blue Lagoon Stingray excursion in Nassau

Has anyone done this excursion?  Looking for some low key beach time with a little extra fun for the kids.  We have one child with medical issues that can't do any type of waterslides or trampolines so that is off the table for all of us.

Has anyone done this excursion?  Looking for some low key beach time with a little extra fun for the kids.  We have one child with medical issues that can't do any type of waterslides or trampolines so that is off the table for all of us.

we have done this excursion twice now. it is great! blue lagoon is great. its a remote island and its small enough to walk around but big enough to not feel crowded. we really do not like nassau very much and this is the only place we usually go to. we would get the first boat to the island and stay all day. the pick up times were at like 230, 330 and 430, you could pick whichever one you wanted. i highly recommend it!

yes, we did it 2 weeks ago! Mostly, because doing a stingray + beach break excursion was $53; and a blue lagoon beach break alone was more expensive.

We loved it! First, we assembled in the Amber Theater (I used this time to apply SPF lotion to myself). Then we marched off the ship and stood outside for a good 20-30 minutes in the sun. We didn't like this part much. RCI distributed wrist bands during this time. Then we walked to the ferries and the ferry ride took about 20-30 minutes (very picturesque and fun).

Once we walked off the ferry, beach goers went left to the beach, dolphin and stingray people went straight to our designated stations. We got the vests on (they insist) and got to hold a stingray for about 20 seconds each, plus 1 photo. We didn't buy the photo, and once we were done with that, we watched the dolphins for 5 minutes in another enclosure. You can also snorkel with the stingrays - there are more in the water, but the water was super cold for us. Other people snorkeled.

Then we went to the beach and that was a real treat. The water was very shallow and calm, perfect for kids. It warmed up eventually.... Make sure to walk over to the opposite side (North beach) for a real treat - very shallow rocky area (no water shoes needed though) and look at the little fishes and other marine life. It was gorgeous!

The ride back was fun, because we had a very entertaining staff! They were dancing and doing a conga line.

The pick up times depend on when YOUR ship is in town. For the Allure, the last ferry was at 2:30 pm, for a Carnival ship - 4:30 pm.

This is the North beach side. It's very shallow. Little kids were able to snorkel.

20190401_123612.jpg

North beach

20190401_124240.jpg

20190401_125350.jpg

The lagoon side beach (you are looking at the opposite side of the actual beach with the chaises and stuff)

20190401_133320.jpg

On the ride back

20190401_143348.jpg

The lagoon beach side. 

20190401_104349 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

We did this excursion with our 5 year old granddaughter.  It was perfect.  She is a good swimmer - but for those who weren't it was less intimidating since the sting rays are corralled.  We have done swimming with sting rays in both Grand Cayman and Antigua and it can be crowded with other boats.  This was a limited number of people in a specific area.  Right next to it is the Dolphin swim and that looked fun, too.  My husband loved the beach because it was so easy for him to get into the water and out (he has had double knee and hip replacements and uses a cane).  We had a wonderful day and highly recommend it.  We will definitely do this the next time we are in Nassau.

I was there a couple weeks ago. We didn’t do the sting rays but just the beach break. I would never go back there! The place is very beautiful, but it did not live up to all of the great reviews I had read about the Blue Lagoon. They were very ill equipped to handle the 4 or 5 ships that were in port that day. I was on the Symphony of the seas and we had a short day in port not arriving until 10 and had to be back on ship at 3:30. Blue lagoon only had one boat running to shuttle back and forth to the island. Many people waited well over an hour to get on the shuttle. By the time they arrived, they barely had an hour there. The line for the included lunch was so long many people didn’t get to eat. I literally felt sick to my stomach seeing the small cages the poor sea lions are kept in.  It was overall such a bad experience Royal refunded everyone on the excursion 20%. The day would have been better spent browsing the port area and hanging out at the pool. 

Edit it to add: another turn off was seeing a male staff member slap a female staff member.

Edited by TealDukie