Getting to Pier 91 from Vancouver

Actually, if you get off at the Northgate exit, take a right and stay on that road (it changes names a few times) you'll come right up to the bridge and it's easy to get to the pier. If you park at the Armory lot you have it easy! I've found this way so much easier and you get off the freeway just as the traffic is starting to back up! 

Karen

The route once you exit I-5 at Northgate that luvteaching is referencing will be:

N 105th St

Holman Road

15th Ave

Once you get off I-5 at Northgate it will be a 20 - 30 minute drive to Pier 91.  I would imagine that you will be using a directional app on your phone to help guide you.  Hopefully these street names will help you.

Thank you both for the information. The street names and exit name is very helpful.  

I had a good look on google map and it looks good.  I plan on parking my car at the Seattle Cruise Park and getting a shuttle to the pier.  

I have been told the traffic can be heavy so any tricks to avoid that situation is good.  We depart from Seattle on a Friday and plan on getting to the pier early.

I am travelling with my daughter who has high functioning autism and we want to avoid the crowds. I want to be at the pier by 11:00 am. 

I would love love to take the train but I don’t think I can make to the pier early. I also don’t know where the train ends in Seattle and how far from the pier it is.  

Assuming that the 2019 embarking process at Pier 91 is the same as last season, your luggage will be dropped off with the longshoremen porters in the driveway area.  You may take your carry-on bags with you. On Fridays we will have the mega ship Ovation of the Seas and Celebrity's Solstice.  Each ship will have its own designated drop off site which will be well marked and the porters will be checking luggage tags for room numbers.  Since you will be driving down you can attach you luggage tag at home and that will save you a couple of minutes.  If you were flying in, the porters have staplers and would attach your luggage tags for you.  They will have the manifest and can make luggage tags as needed.  No worries there!

At any point, please feel free to ask pier staff for help or directions. 

Make sure that you have your passport (or travel ID documents with you, as you will need them to enter the building).  I don't think RCL or Celebrity will have mobile check-in this season, so like last season upon entering the terminal building embarking passengers will have their travel ID and SetSail type paperwork closely looked at.  Then you will go up an escalator (or elevator as needed) to go through security (similar to an airport but more relaxed).  Then you get into the check-in line.  I am not sure about the Ovation, but the Solstice should be boarding by noon (and a bit earlier if the ship is ready).   Staterooms on the Solstice are ready at 1:30.  The buffet is available as soon as they start boarding.

The busiest time for the Solstice is 11am-1:30 pm.  The Ovation is a mega ship and this will be the first season in Seattle, so not sure about the timing yet.  Please arrive no later than 3 PM (earlier is preferred).  Ships sail at 4 PM.

If you did take the train, you would have to either take a taxi or Uber from the train station to Pier 91.

18 minutes ago, Midknightcowgirl said:

Thank you Ferry_Watcher.

Excellent detailed information.  I just filled out a special needs form so hopefully RCL will be able to help us get on and off the ship without being in the large crowds- fingers crossed. 

Wheelchair?

There is an ADA (Americans with Disability Act) line once you enter the building (before you take the escalator upstairs to security screening and check-in).  Once you get through security you can say that you need the ADA check-in line.   You may  have to advocate for yourself and your daughter.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
added more information.

Ok thank that is good to know.  My daughter is autistic and being in the large crowds can set her off.  I am hoping to avoid that type of situation as it takes her quite a while to recover from an episode. 

I have provided RCL with information on her and hopefully they will advise me on how to navigate the terminal.

Normally Seattle cruise park drops off in the shuttle area which is the "upper right" of the photo.

image.png.858aebce7a43517288e7b41271ccb362.png

You may want to call and ask if they can drop you off near the front to make access easier. They are pretty good to work with.

They usually wait and fill a van before driving over; you can ask if they can make a dedicated trip

image.png.bc10c8f58d3e1267855fc24b4699ba53.png

Edited by AlanF65