Embarkation day staterooms

fizzy1

Its been 12 years since we sailed with Cunard and  i cant  remember  if we  were able to  access our staterooms as soon as we boarded  . We have been traveling with Celebrity and it is always about 1pm before cabins are ready . 

At,Southampton, they usually seem to be ready by about noon, so if you board after that there they are waiting for you. Recently on a couple of occasions they have let people on board a bit earlier, and claimed the staterooms are not quite ready. This leads to people being encouraged to go to the Lido and wait, but certainly with QG cabins they have actually been ready even then.

37 minutes ago, fizzy1 said:

Its been 12 years since we sailed with Cunard and  i cant  remember  if we  were able to  access our staterooms as soon as we boarded  . We have been traveling with Celebrity and it is always about 1pm before cabins are ready . 

This is the beauty of Cunard that Staterooms ( 'in all categories' ) are always ready immediately on embarkation . In general, embarkation will not take place until housekeeping are satisfied and the housekeeping teams have completed their checks. Occasionally it has been known that they have claimed they are not ready, however, they authorised embarkation to clear an overflow/backlog in the cruise terminal.

Unlike my experience on HAL & Celebrity, when I stepped out of my Cunard comfort zone (  and never again 😉)  I was permitted to embark at around midday, however, had to hang around in the buffet area or other venues around the ship dragging my hand baggage and suit carrier etc behind me until 3pm.    

8 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

This is the beauty of Cunard that Staterooms ( 'in all categories' ) are always ready immediately on embarkation . In general, embarkation will not take place until housekeeping are satisfied and the housekeeping teams have completed their checks. Occasionally it has been known that they have claimed they are not ready, however, they authorised embarkation to clear an overflow/backlog in the cruise terminal.

Unlike my experience on HAL & Celebrity, when I stepped out of my Cunard comfort zone (  and never again 😉)  I was permitted to embark at around midday, however, had to hang around in the buffet area or other venues around the ship dragging my hand baggage and suit carrier etc behind me until 3pm.    

It ‘s all coming back to me now( queue  song)