Port arrival times

Nsteph3

I am sure this has been asked a million times but I can’t seem to find a thread about it. So I apologize in advance! 

We are boarding the Eurodam on May 4th and received an email regarding arrival times at the port. Our deck was listed as a 2:00 arrival time. If we arrival earlier will we be able to check in and board? Or will our boarding time be tied to the 2:00 arrival time? We were hoping to board early but we don’t want to get there and have to wait around for 2 hours. 

Edited by Nsteph3

Looks like the Eurodam will be the only ship at Pier 91 on May 4th.  You may start the boarding process as soon as the terminal opens for embarking passengers  (building most likely will open after 10 am, probably closer to 10:15 or so).  Catl331 is correct that ship boarding could start as early as 11:30 am.   It will be the first day of the 2019 Cruise Season for Pier 91 staff, so please remember it has been about 7 months since they have been on the HAL computers, or even in the building!  Be patient as they get their 'sea legs' back!    ;  )

So, just arrive whenever it convenient for you - you will be warmly welcomed!!!

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
added more information.
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 6:26 AM, Nsteph3 said:

I am sure this has been asked a million times but I can’t seem to find a thread about it. So I apologize in advance! 

We are boarding the Eurodam on May 4th and received an email regarding arrival times at the port. Our deck was listed as a 2:00 arrival time. If we arrival earlier will we be able to check in and board? Or will our boarding time be tied to the 2:00 arrival time? We were hoping to board early but we don’t want to get there and have to wait around for 2 hours. 

You did not say which port.  Based on our recent Eurodam out of San Diego I saw people entering the terminal as early as 9:30.  I went about 10:30 and sped through security and check in and waited.  You are given a group number for boarding.  We started boarding at 11:15 which was 15 minutes before normal time I understand.