Dunns River Falls DIY?

Tinkerbellsparkle

We did DRF on our honeymoon in 1996 and I am pretty sure we just got a taxi there and went up ourselves, its so long ago I can't remember.

All the reviews on Trip Advisor talk of their guides, so I am wondering, do we need to book a proper excursion or can you just go ahead yourself in your own family group?

Also, any advice about getting a taxi there too would be welcom.

Thank you

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello,

Just to let you all know.

We got a taxi right outside the port, we were messed about by one mini bus driver who had us all sitting there like lemons waiting to go. I think he was being greedy waiting to fill the bus, but not even acknowledging us. So I took it about myself to get off, and everyone else followed and we got a private taxi for the same amount.

Even the port "Taxi organiser" lady was annoyed with him and said he is always a rude man.

We arranged a collection time for after the falls and a relax at the beach. Sure enough he was there waiting for us, and if I remember correctly we did not pay him until the return trip.

11 hours ago, Tinkerbellsparkle said:

Hello,

We got a taxi right outside the port, we were messed about by one mini bus driver who had us all sitting there like lemons waiting to go. I think he was being greedy waiting to fill the bus, but not even acknowledging us. So I took it about myself to get off, and everyone else followed and we got a private taxi for the same amount.

Even the port "Taxi organiser" lady was annoyed with him and said he is always a rude man.

We arranged a collection time for after the falls and a relax at the beach. Sure enough he was there waiting for us, and if I remember correctly we did not pay him until the return trip.

How much did you pay  private taxi per person? Which port did your cruise dock?  How many hours did the whole trip take? Thanks a lot!

On 2/10/2020 at 10:37 AM, Tinkerbellsparkle said:

Hello,

great! We are looking into going the DIY way too. How much was the taxi? How much was the Dunns River climb? I've read it's $20 pp. Do you pay for the park entrance and then the climb is included? Thanks!

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

https://www.dunnsriverfalls.net/prices/

Entrance fees (as of April 1, 2019)

Prices (Non-Resident)
Cost per Adult – $25.00 USD
Cost per Child – $17.00 USD (age 4-12)

Prices (Jamaican Resident) *Id required
Cost per Adult – $1000.00 JMD
Cost per Adult – $500.00 JMD (age 4-12)

×ENTRANCE FEE TO DUNN’S RIVER FALLS INCLUDE LICENSED FALLS GUIDE AND USE OF THE PARK FOR THE DAY.
  • Like 1