Embarkation time MAC Preziosa in Hamburg 27.4.19?

Nikita4

I will bord the Preziosa 27.4.19 in Hamburg.

My embarkation time is 18:15 an the checkin close time is 19:00. She will leave at 21:00.

Thats not normal, i think. My plan is to go after lunch on board, i have a hotel until 11:00. 

Is anyone also going on board in Hamburg with a other embarkation time? 

Normally Check in is around noon and we always around 11 there.

we never hat a time like this.

Hamburg Steinwerder is not direct in the City and i dont want to stay there and to wait for a long time in the middle of nowhere.

1 hour ago, Dickuk said:

Just sitting at Southampton to board here today on Preziosa.

Been told boarding wont start until 1.45pm 😞

Was hoping to be on for lunch.

Are there many people there Dickuk? 

Or is it a case of 90% embarking at Hamburg as usual?

that could be why you have 18:15 Nikita. There are so many embarking usually that they just try and spread out the passengers to make it easier. The earlier you get there the sooner you will get on. 

Hope you both have wonderful holidays 

34 minutes ago, thecruisers6 said:

Are there many people there Dickuk? 

Or is it a case of 90% embarking at Hamburg as usual?

that could be why you have 18:15 Nikita. There are so many embarking usually that they just try and spread out the passengers to make it easier. The earlier you get there the sooner you will get on. 

Hope you both have wonderful holidays 

There wasn't too many, we boarded shortly after posting as we are yc 😁

7 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We're also staying in Hamburg for a few nights post cruise, did you enjoy your time there @Dickuk? Is it still the case that card payments are not widely accepted?  Did you use the train or taxi to and from the airport? 

Yes had a nice couple of days, stayed at Le Meridien by the Alster Lake (lovely views if you choose a lake view room). Included in the room price is a free pass to use the boats that tour the lake and go to the city. We also rented a peddlo type boat (20 euros for an hour) on the lake, really nice if the weather is good. Couple of pics attached.

I used a travel credit card no problem in the supermarket (Edeka in the station), restaurants, etc. There are also ATMs around to get money out if need be.

We got a taxi from the port to the hotel and it was 30 euros. Watch as the drivers try and charge more by not using the meter !

If you like spanish, we went to a great restaurant called Picasso in the city (ask for the lunch menu - we had delicious fresh grilled fish, potatoes and veggies with ali-oli and mojo sauce). Also Block House do a good steak too.

IMG_20190427_135312.jpg

IMG_20190427_124440.jpg

IMG_20190427_134043.jpg

Many thanks, we are staying near the lake pre cruise, hopefully the weather will be kind and we can enjoy a boat trip too.

Did you also get a taxi to the airport from the hotel on your return? Undecided if to prebook a transfer or just a find taxi when we arrive.

We'll be in  Hamburg in a few weeks after disembarking Meraviglia in Kiel. Getting the train in and was torn between the Atlantic (being a Bond fan, it was top of my list - but the reviews aren't amazing). Eventually settled on the Park Hyatt, which looks very walkable indeed from the station.

Liked the look of the Fairmont hotel on the smaller lake too but couldn't justify the price. Looks like brilliant weather - hope it remains!

6 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Many thanks, we are staying near the lake pre cruise, hopefully the weather will be kind and we can enjoy a boat trip too.

Did you also get a taxi to the airport from the hotel on your return? Undecided if to prebook a transfer or just a find taxi when we arrive.

yes we got a taxi from Le Meridien to the airport, was 27 euros (gave him 30 with a tip). The hotel called a cab for us.

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2019 at 11:12 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

Super thank you, that's a great help. We'll get a taxi when we arrive, I've been quoted €50 to prebook.

Only 3 weeks to go 😎

The train to airport is CHEAP and easy!

We had to go to airport at 4 am for the 7 am flight and had a night bus a block away so grabbed it for three stops and switched over at Berliner Tor to grab the S train to the airport for FREE because we had our metro pass from the day before and its good until 6 am, yay!

Otherwise its 3 euros so if you can lug your bags then go for it, its truly an easy experience in/out of the airport.

Btw, used the buses and U and S trains while there for three days post cruise and its wonderfully easy aka European which is to say cheap, easy, and the only way to travel. Upside of buses is you can see stuff and then jump off as needed, we completely loved Hamburg and can't wait for a return trip!