Mom’s first time cruising

Blanc1g

In June of 2020, I will take my mother on her first ever cruise. We will travel on the Breakaway. Mom is in her mid 70’s with recent knee replacements. We will also have 3 young boys ages 7 -9. So, my question has to do with balance. For those who have traveled on the Breakaway, did you find the activities offered were varied enough for my circumstance? There will be a total of 8 travelers. But I want to be certain that my mom and the kids will all have a great time on this particular ship. Also, share your thoughts on excursions and port activities. Thank you in advance.

In general, cruise ships have activities geared for all age groups and personalities.  Scan copies of the daily activities and show them to your group.  They can  decide what they'd like to do.  With a group of 8, you can have different folk going to different activites (or none at all).  You don't have to be together for the entire cruise.

Shore excursions might be different, so knowing what everyone likes to do, and is capable of doing , should guide your selections.

The Breakaway is a beautiful ship, but it is large.  You may want to pick a cabin close to the elevators for your Mom.

Edited by evandbob