Linking other bookings together?

mvh

What is the process to link our friends booking with ours so we can sit at the same dinner table?  Is there a way to do it on line or do we have to call?  Do both cabins have to call or can I do it as long as I have the other booking number?  The only reason I'm asking here is so I don't wait on hold for an hour for nothing. Yes, we have the same drink package.

If anyone knows how to link bookings, please advise.  I am interested too.  The section in the web check in does not do it.  The "link booking" does not do it.  One MSC rep said it would happen automatically after web check in was complete,  Another said it was not possible.  We are a family with two cabins.  I had to create a second email address and password to get to the second booking.  

5 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

A travel agent can do it in about 10 seconds in their system. If you didn't use one, then yes, you'll have to call and have MSC do it to make sure it "sticks" in the booking.

Bret

Must be great travel agents.the ones I have used weren't that adept.i don't plan on looking for another either I do just fine on my own.

18 hours ago, scpirate said:

Must be great travel agents.the ones I have used weren't that adept.i don't plan on looking for another either I do just fine on my own.

Thanks for calling me a great travel agent! :classic_wink:😀  Seriously though, it's only about four clicks in our agent portal. However, I totally agree there are agents that are pretty much useless and others that are stellar. Which depresses me greatly because then, I hear comments like yours. I just shake my head when I read all sorts of things on here about how much people waste their own time. Agents (if they are competent) are supposed to be there to work for all your needs to save you time and trouble. Not just take your money to make a booking. Okay...off my soapbox now. 🤩

Bret

Really should be using an agent, what you pay can be much lower with agent than you doing it on the company website.  All the prices are same, agent can offer credit, that is why you see additional OBC offers, wine offers, etc on sites (Cruises, cruiseonly, traverosity, etc).  My agent offers 5% cash rebate after my cruises.  As for linking, she linked for me and when I did the web check in, I also made sure it was linked.

• 4 years later...