Powerade ZERO

iceh20

Hi all. I saw this picture in a Jewel thread. I am trying to make a decision on a beverage package on Symphony. Can someone confirm if this is the same offering in the freestyle machines on Symphony? Thanks!

6A6837E5-E7EE-4F59-B7DD-4C9E683B8D89.jpeg

3 minutes ago, iceh20 said:

Thank you. I saw some postings stating that the Zero options were grayed out on some ships.

Off topic, but love your Pink Panther avatar.

Edited by A2Mich

20 hours ago, iceh20 said:

Thank you. I saw some postings stating that the Zero options were grayed out on some ships.

It gets greyed out if either the Powerade or artificial sweetener cartridge runs out.  If all Diet and Zero flavors are unavailable, it's the sweetener.  You'll have to try a different machine or ask a crew member to change it if this happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timf2001 said:

It gets greyed out if either the Powerade or artificial sweetener cartridge runs out.  If all Diet and Zero flavors are unavailable, it's the sweetener.  You'll have to try a different machine or ask a crew member to change it if this happens.

So the sweetener is mixed as a separate component in these machines?  I would have thought that the sweetener was mixed with the flavor syrup, as it is with the bag-in-box systems.  Interesting. 

3 hours ago, A2Mich said:

So the sweetener is mixed as a separate component in these machines?  I would have thought that the sweetener was mixed with the flavor syrup, as it is with the bag-in-box systems.  Interesting. 

Yes, it's what allows them to offer regular and diet versions of all the different flavors.  Everything comes in small cartridges similar to ink cartridges you would use in a printer.  The base mixes come unsweetened, and then are mixed with the appropriate sweetener, fruit flavors, and water as they are dispensed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Yes, it's what allows them to offer regular and diet versions of all the different flavors.  Everything comes in small cartridges similar to ink cartridges you would use in a printer.  The base mixes come unsweetened, and then are mixed with the appropriate sweetener, fruit flavors, and water as they are dispensed.

I knew that the fruit flavors were separate, and that the water were separate, but didn’t know the sweeteners were mixed in separately.  I’ve worked on a few bag in box and canister type systems, with external carbonators, but not familiar with the works nag of the Freestyle machines.