MTD Closed?

4 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

So that's why I can only book MTD from 6:30 on for my Harmony cruise next Feb?  We do not want traditional dining and are used to completely flexible on NCL where we have never waited for a table at 5:30.  Out by 6:30 with the rest of the night free. Starting to regret booking non-refundable. 

Not necessarily.  Many/most ships have the MTD room open the exact same hours as the traditional dining room.  It's only been recently that I heard of a ship (don't remember which ship it was... maybe someone else can comment?) that only offered MTD for a shorter period of time starting later than the Early Traditional seating.  

If your ship is one that opens MTD at the same time as Early Traditional, they may just not have any open reservations available to book online in advance.  A certain number of tables are able to be reserved online in advance, other tables are held for reservations booked once on board, and other tables are used for walk-up (no reservations) guests.  

It's entirely possible that your ship opens MTD at 5:30 and that all the reservations that are set aside for pre-booking at 5:30, 5:45, 6:00, and 6:15 have been taken, and that's why you can't reserve before 6:30.  If that's the case, you can just show up at 5:30 and wait for a table to be available, or you can go to the dining room upon boarding and try to get reservations for earlier.  

This really isn't something to fret over, and certainly nothing to want to cancel the trip over. 

Yes, you may be right and the topic has now been beaten to death, probably more than once. The thing is that it would not be so convoluted if RC just put the process out there instead of leaving it to people's experiences and guesswork on boards. One reason to love full flexible. Just go when you want, supply and demand timewise. 

On 4/25/2019 at 2:23 PM, MNshortie21 said:

In the process of booking a cruise on Harmony for November 24th. TA said our only dining option is traditional 8:00pm. Royal said MTD is closed. It is still over 7 months until the cruise. How can MTD be closed? Is this normal, do I have any other options? Our main concern is missing the night shows as dinner can take up to 2 hrs. Please help! We love the eating in the main dining room!

They usually have separate shows for early and late dining.

11 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

Yes, you may be right and the topic has now been beaten to death, probably more than once. The thing is that it would not be so convoluted if RC just put the process out there instead of leaving it to people's experiences and guesswork on boards. One reason to love full flexible. Just go when you want, supply and demand timewise. 

I don´t think there is a Right or wrong. We are all different and have different opinions. I for one much prefer MTD over NCL´s Freestyle, which was By far my worst Dining Experience in all my Cruises across many different lines. Actually it was bad enough to not have me return to NCL so far, though I would not say I´ll never sail again with them. 

When I said right, I was referring to the actual facts. As far as personal choice goes, yes, it is subjective of course but if you like to eat early you will not have a problem with NCL dining room. If you eat at prime time it is no different than a popular land restaurant. We have never waited for more than 5 minutes. Hope HOTS can provide the same service.