cuba excursions

orangeglitter

we are booked on the Sun to Cuba in September. I know the Cuba cruises may be cancelled. Only one shore excursion is available for Cuba for out cruise date . It is $569 for two. Anybody have any insight? Have all the excursion for Cuba been pulled in anticipation of not going there? Anyone see more excursions on different sail dates?

Just an FYI. I just last week sailed the Sun to Havana. My Bride booked the 3 1/2 hour classic car tour through NCL. Very disappointed in it from the beginning. Met in the theater at 130 pm as instructed, then sat there with little communications. Next we were instructed to proceed to the terminal where we found our bus as the number matched our departure number. Waited for others, driven to the cars. Take the car you want, no not that one..... Through the very poorest parts of town, to the cemetery, with little communication. From there we traveled to the National Hotel of Cuba where the car departed (and the bus awaited). Again, little communication until they told us where to go for the free Mojito. Back on the bus to a cigar/liquor store. Someone asked if we were passing back by the ship on the way to the flea market. They said those that wanted to skip the flea market can remain on the bus. We chose to do that along with a few others. The bus drove us back to the ship, cutting off about an hour from the tour.

In short, we spent approximately 1 hour in the 50 Chevy convertible traveling through the slums of Havana. Do yourselves a favor and skip that tour. You can hire one of many classic cars right on the street outside the terminal and get a private tour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orangeglitter said:

Thank you everyone for the replies. All good suggestions. My main concern is with the possible ban is NCL not listing excursions because they are anticipating cancelling.

Give them a call