Traveller's Liquors Heritage Center?

rcprncss

Has anyone gone to this place for a tour or rum sampling lately?  Wondering how far and how much the taxi ride is from the port?  I just want to go to the Belize sign for a picture and then here. Thank you.

We stopped on a tour to Altun Ha.  it's along the Northern Highway.  Fairly easy to get to.  Can't speak of taxi prices but it's about the same distance as the airport and a taxi from the pier to the airport is around $25.

There's a Belize sign at the port now.  No need to head to the original one unless you're going to the rum factory and maybe eating lunch at Belamari.

The original sign is in a Park along Sea Shore drive in Buttonwood Bay.  It's a residential area.  but can be tricky turning off the main highway.  But a good taxi driver will know how to get there.

• Like 1

Thank you again.  You have been very helpful.  I looked it up on Google Maps and I see that the rum factory is about three miles.  $25.00 seems like a lot for a taxi ride!  Glad we can walk to the original sign and the lighthouse.  After seeing it on the maps, it is super close.  Maybe we will skip the rum tasting.  

They do sell One Barrel Rum (the local Belize rum) at one of the port shops.

Where there is a tasting or not, I don't know.  But I found it a pretty decent rum,  not Eastern C standards for sipping, but still at least as good as any Jamaican, IMO.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone recommend a tour company for the rum factory or do we just get into port and take a taxi to it?  I apologize if this question has already been asked.  This our 5th time in Belize and we have yet to book any excursions. I really want to see the Rum Factory.

I think that the $25 price for a taxi might not be correct.  That is unless taxis are really sticking it to the cruise tourists.  I think at most it would be $15-20 BZD, which is $7.50-$10 USD.

I take taxis in Belize City all the time and for more distance than this and it would be $10-15 BZD.  You could ask the taxi the price before you get in the cab.  At the factory, they will be happy to call a cab for you to get back to the TA.  If you decide to do the original sign, then you would need to mention to the taxi driver that you want to stop there first because it would be considered an extra stop with quick wait time, but that would be more.

Good luck,

Janice

• Like 1