Dining Question

Allura_317

My family is going on the Breeze this August, and we have late dining.  We have two girls (15 and 11), and they were wondering if they could have a "sister date night" where they could sit at their own table in the MDR for dinner one night.  We would sit at a separate table.  With assigned dining that comes with an assigned table, I was not sure if this would be possible.  We are not planning on doing any specialty dining as we have already done the restaurants offered on the Breeze (some multiple times), and we are not interested in doing any of them again this cruise.  Meaning, we will not be interested in going to a specialty restaurant as a date night one night while the girls go to the MDR on their own.  I know we would definitely have to request this a night or two ahead of time, but would we need to get into contact with the Maitre'd as well?  Is this possible to do in the first place?  Thanks in advance!

The easy solution to this is go to a speciality restaurant one night and let your kids eat in the MDR. If you don’t like that idea, I would suggest talking to your wait staff about this issue. Odds are good one or more nights there will be an empty table(s) in their section, which should allow them to accommodate your request. 

• Like 1

Or you could switch to anytime dining, which would allow more flexibility.  I agree with Philly in the sense that there could be a night when there is an empty table in set dining, but there's always the possibility that the tables are all filled & there just isn't any good place to allow them their sister date.

Even though we tend to eat at the same time every night & usually request the same wait staff, we do anytime dining.  Our reasoning is because we do occasionally opt to just hang out at the pool & eat at the buffet.  Also, depending on how late or how large our lunch is or whether we had afternoon tea, we may not be hungry at the same time every night.  It has just worked out a lot better for us.

2 hours ago, Wolfshair said:

Late dining is never crowded anymore. I suspect if you asked your waiter he could find them a spot more alone. 

On my next cruise, 5 days and counting, late dining was the only dining option that was not available when I checked a few days ago. So I guess late dining is still popular once in awhile. 

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The easy solution to this is go to a speciality restaurant one night and let your kids eat in the MDR.

I mentioned we are not interested in this, but thanks anyway.

3 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Why not have your dinner in the buffet that night and let the sisters dine in the MDR.  OR let them do the buffet on their own.

Thanks, but we prefer to stay away from the buffet for dinner as we feel the MDR is part of the cruising experience, and we enjoy the multi-course meals so we can have some nice conversations.   

4 hours ago, dmdiver said:

Or you could switch to anytime dining, which would allow more flexibility. 

We were thinking about doing this and requesting the same wait staff every night.  However, we tried doing that on the Vista and Harmony (RC), and although we requested for the same waitstaff, both times it did not happen.  We do not want to risk it again.  We also prefer the Blush Dining Room to Sapphire.  

I think we will just arrange it with our waitstaff and hope there is a night with no shows in our section.  Thanks everyone!

6 hours ago, Wolfshair said:

Late dining is never crowded anymore. I suspect if you asked your waiter he could find them a spot more alone. 

This has definitely been our experience on our last several cruises.  I feel certain the waitstaff will  be able to find a table in their area to accommodate your daughters.  (And I think it's super sweet that your daughters want to do this.  May they always be such close sisters!)  

This is a great idea.  Maybe if the date night fell on a non-elegant night, port day, it would be more likely to have extra tables.  My sister and I did this one of our cruises but we went to the steakhouse.  We also had YTD and were forced to eat together because our teens did other things on some nights.   

‘I think they will easily be able to accommodate this. Let us know how it goes.  

Asking your Head Waiter will be a mutual benefit.

As well for others who are not in the Main Dining Hall and are on a set time ()preferred ) dining time ..let your head waiter know if you are  not going to be in the Main Dining Hall. That way they may accomodate others as the OP wishes/desires..