St Martin excursions

pmck

Hello,

My family and I are sailing on the Allure on 5/26/19.  My daughter said she saw an excursion somewhere that involved going to 3 different beaches in St. Martin.  I don't see it on the RC excursion list. Does anyone know of this? Any details and recommendations are welcomed!  I always thought it was better to go on ship excursions, since they will make sure you get back to the ship in plenty of time.  We have always done this on our other cruises, but we are new to RC.

Thanks,

Patti

Looking for a boat/catamaran excursion in St Maarten.  We used Blue Safari last time here, but I can't find them on line anymore.   Several of these posts are old, the companies don't seem to be in business anymore.  

Any suggestions?   

Random Wind is one of the best. We had a group of 20+ last month on our charter and everyone's favorite stop by far.

Good drinks, great food, wonderful hosts, and The Tarzan swing!!

Say hello to Luuke, Darcy, and Anna--3 of the best in the business!!!

On 4/30/2019 at 8:32 AM, pmck said:

Hello,

My daughter said she saw an excursion somewhere that involved going to 3 different beaches in St. Martin.  I don't see it on the RC excursion list. Does anyone know of this?

Captain Bob Cass's excursion gets a lot of talk on the board. They deal with cruisers all the time and will get you back to the ship on time. They arrive back at 4:00 pm, which is more than enough time for your ship leaving at 6:00 pm. Since your ship's dock time is 8am-6pm, they may start/end it earlier for your ship.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 7:32 AM, pmck said:

Hello,

My family and I are sailing on the Allure on 5/26/19.  My daughter said she saw an excursion somewhere that involved going to 3 different beaches in St. Martin.  I don't see it on the RC excursion list. Does anyone know of this? Any details and recommendations are welcomed!  I always thought it was better to go on ship excursions, since they will make sure you get back to the ship in plenty of time.  We have always done this on our other cruises, but we are new to RC.

Thanks,

Patti

Was it this by any chance? This is showing on my cruise in October. 

Screenshot_20190508-111303_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Tahina cruising
Forgot excursion

On 4/30/2019 at 9:32 AM, pmck said:

Hello,

Thanks,

Patti

Hi Patti,

We are also on the Allure 5/26/19 and we have been to St.Martin 3-4 times.We were just there in September 2018. We have been to Orient beach and to Maho Beach and Mullet Beach right next to Maho about a 15min walk.

My two cents worth you can totally do on ur own. There are small vans all over Front St and in the window is the destination and the cost to get to Maho was $2-$3 a person each way.You can stay at Maho awhile then over to Mullet Beach.

The last time to Orient Beach the traffic was really bad.

This is our 12-13th RCCL cruise. We never go thru the ship but I understand if some guest don't like to go on their own.

We have never had any issues and the cost is so much cheaper.

I hope you enjoy the cruise and RCCL as it's out favorite. If you have any other questions let me know.

Brian

1 hour ago, danzas333 said:

Hi Patti,

We are also on the Allure 5/26/19 and we have been to St.Martin 3-4 times.We were just there in September 2018. We have been to Orient beach and to Maho Beach and Mullet Beach right next to Maho about a 15min walk.

My two cents worth you can totally do on ur own. There are small vans all over Front St and in the window is the destination and the cost to get to Maho was $2-$3 a person each way.You can stay at Maho awhile then over to Mullet Beach.

The last time to Orient Beach the traffic was really bad.

This is our 12-13th RCCL cruise. We never go thru the ship but I understand if some guest don't like to go on their own.

We have never had any issues and the cost is so much cheaper.

I hope you enjoy the cruise and RCCL as it's out favorite. If you have any other questions let me know.

Brian

Hi Brian.

Thanks for your feedback. We have also been to St Maarten a few times on different cruises, but haven't just done a beach day. Those were more tours and shopping.  Our daughter will be 25 on this trip and she wanted to do this excursion:    https://www.viator.com/tours/Philipsburg/St-Maarten-Shore-Excursion-Orient-and-Maho-Beach-Half-Day-Tour/d5627-5755PRTSXMBEACH  so we went ahead and booked it today. It's 40 p/p, but we probably won't do any more on this trip.  I have heard the horror stories about the traffic too, and we're hoping that doesn't delay us too much.  We are so looking forward to this. We were on the Empress of the Seas 2 years ago and before that, all Princess cruises!  18 more days!!

I will reach out with any more questions.. Thanks Brian!

Patti

On 5/8/2019 at 7:51 PM, pmck said:

Hi Brian.

Thanks for your feedback. We have also been to St Maarten a few times on different cruises, but haven't just done a beach day. Those were more tours and shopping.  Our daughter will be 25 on this trip and she wanted to do this excursion:    https://www.viator.com/tours/Philipsburg/St-Maarten-Shore-Excursion-Orient-and-Maho-Beach-Half-Day-Tour/d5627-5755PRTSXMBEACH  so we went ahead and booked it today. It's 40 p/p, but we probably won't do any more on this trip.  I have heard the horror stories about the traffic too, and we're hoping that doesn't delay us too much.  We are so looking forward to this. We were on the Empress of the Seas 2 years ago and before that, all Princess cruises!  18 more days!!

I will reach out with any more questions.. Thanks Brian!

Patti

Patti,

We just got off Allure and loved it. Never felt crowded. that tour seems to be a good way to see most of the island. We are still trying to decide on a tour like yours or a Catamaran. We figured it might be as much when you buy your lunch and drinks and a good way to see St. Maarten.

Happy birthday to your daughter and enjoy the cruise.

16 More days!!!