Steakhouse questions

crucero

1 minute ago, Theosprey247 said:

I don’t know how far in advanced you can book the steak house, however, I made reservations when my cruise was 450 days out (431 now!).  

Thanks! Maybe it's a website issue. 242 days for me!

1 hour ago, Florings said:

If it's a New Year's Eve cruise and you are getting an error message - it might be booked for the night you've chosen?    I've booked the Steakhouse up to 600 days in advance.

It doesn't give me the option to book for either of my cruises for any night. It errors out first. I will try again tomorrow. I need to discuss taking our kids to steakhouse. Not sure I want to pay extra for them. ;)

21 minutes ago, crucero said:

It doesn't give me the option to book for either of my cruises for any night. It errors out first. I will try again tomorrow. I need to discuss taking our kids to steakhouse. Not sure I want to pay extra for them. 😉

If you are in safari try on chrome. My booking goes to a blank white screen in safari.

1 hour ago, JaxsMama said:

If you are in safari try on chrome. My booking goes to a blank white screen in safari.

It does the same in Safari, Chrome, & IE. I think it's just broken. Will try again in a couple of days.

20 hours ago, crucero said:

Hello, is the charge for kids $35 as well? How far in advance can you book it online? I'm getting error messages right now trying to schedule for new year's cruise.

Thanks!

I'm 20 months out and I've already scheduled and got confirmation of my reservation. 

15 hours ago, crucero said:

It doesn't give me the option to book for either of my cruises for any night. It errors out first. I will try again tomorrow. I need to discuss taking our kids to steakhouse. Not sure I want to pay extra for them. 😉

We are not able to book anything either. However, we are on the Mardi Gras and it may be because it doesn't even exist yet. lol We are almost two years out as well.

However, we took our kids to the steak place on Royal and they enjoyed it. However, the portions WERE huge. They were 9 and 11 at the time. If they were a few years younger, we probably wouldn't have. Not sure how old yours are. They did not order off the kids menu, because whats the point when you're paying for it right. 😉 

1 hour ago, BrandFam4 said:

We are not able to book anything either. However, we are on the Mardi Gras and it may be because it doesn't even exist yet. lol We are almost two years out as well.

However, we took our kids to the steak place on Royal and they enjoyed it. However, the portions WERE huge. They were 9 and 11 at the time. If they were a few years younger, we probably wouldn't have. Not sure how old yours are. They did not order off the kids menu, because whats the point when you're paying for it right. 😉 

Maybe that's the trouble. I'm booked on Panorama & Mardi Gras, both of which are not active yet. I'll wait until closer to time. I tried again today and got the same error.

My kids will be 14 & 10 on our cruise. The 14 year old eats like there's no tomorrow. LOL

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 1:35 PM, Theosprey247 said:

I don’t know how far in advanced you can book the steak house, however, I made reservations when my cruise was 450 days out (431 now!).  

You can reserve specialty dining as soon as the cruise is released for booking. We're on the Oct 2020 8 day itinerary on Breeze and we reserved the steak house the night we booked.

From the Carnival booking manager website:

"Dinner at a Carnival steakhouse is much more than a meal; it's an event. For the nominal charge of $38 adult/ $12 child (12 and under), steaks grilled to perfection, broiled lobster tails and all of your other mouth-watering favorites are always on the menu. So for a night of dinner and a whole lot of fun, request a table for any time between 5:30 PM and 9:30 PM. In order to best accommodate your party, we strongly recommend making your table request at least two weeks prior to your sail date."

Looks like gone are the days of taking advantage of the first night steakhouse reservations. Everyone is catching on thanks to CC and FB and other outlets. Used to be there was maybe one other table in there on embarkation night. Just like everyone now eating their buffet grub in the Havana dining room to avoid the crowds. How did we ever cruise before all this knowledge hahaha

6 hours ago, chilly1470 said:

Looks like gone are the days of taking advantage of the first night steakhouse reservations. Everyone is catching on thanks to CC and FB and other outlets. Used to be there was maybe one other table in there on embarkation night. Just like everyone now eating their buffet grub in the Havana dining room to avoid the crowds. How did we ever cruise before all this knowledge hahaha

And if a free bottle of $10 wine is enough to attract people to spend an extra $38/head, they're not going to stop offering it.

I just reserved my Steakhouse reservation for my cruise in June. We waited too long and first night was booked. However, the Steakhouse manager said the free bottle of wine applies to embarkation and the first formal night of the cruise. We booked it for the first formal night and will receive the same wine offer. I’m not sure if this is every ship but it applies to the Sunshine. 

5 minutes ago, hgalls56 said:

I just reserved my Steakhouse reservation for my cruise in June. We waited too long and first night was booked. However, the Steakhouse manager said the free bottle of wine applies to embarkation and the first formal night of the cruise. We booked it for the first formal night and will receive the same wine offer. I’m not sure if this is every ship but it applies to the Sunshine. 

Is the first formal night the second night of the cruise? The offer is good first and second night. If the first formal night is something else that must be new.

7 minutes ago, Bookbug53 said:

Is the first formal night the second night of the cruise? The offer is good first and second night. If the first formal night is something else that must be new.

From Carnival's website:

The length of the cruise determines the number of Cruise Elegant evenings in the Dining Room. The first Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise; the second Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

• 1 Day cruise: none 
  • 2 Day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening
  • 6 Day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings
Edited by Sean_B