Navigator cabanas/sun beds on board

I was wondering - I have seen some photos of the pool deck and it looks like there are cabanas/day beds.  Does anyone know if they are available to rent for the day/half day or are all of them strictly first come first served, have to battle the chair hogs kind of deal?

They are all first come, first serve. There is a small section right near the Lime and Coconut bar on deck 12 starboard that is roped off and reserved for Gold Cards (Suites, etc.) that has I believe one or two cabanas or a cabana and a day bed. Rarely was anyone ever in there.  

But yes, it is a battle between you and the chair hogs kind of deal.

I was on a 9-night and they finally started taking towels and belongings off of chairs on day 9, the last sea day 😂

I was on a 9 day also and it was nearly impossible to find an open cabana/day bed unless it was around dinner time.  Even then though, many would bring their dinner back to the cabana/bed. We managed to find a free one the first day because we intentionally went looking for it first thing.  Some mornings when we were docked, we were getting off the ship later than others and noticed a few available.  Unfortunately, they really aren't doing much about chair hogs on Navigator.  Around day 7 I think I noticed an announcement and saw things being removed from chairs, but I never saw it again after that. 

Navigator had a crew member checking chairs in the Solarium, and would put towels on top of chairs and mark the time on her notebook.  Marked ours several times when we were only gone 10 minutes (and we had a lot of stuff on the chairs).  Only saw her removing towels once, on a sea day with lots of demand on chairs that hadn't been occupied for several hours.  Some days the day beds were occupied by the same people, some days saw five or six different couples on them throughout the day.