Bag storage in Seattle

1 hour ago, BayAreaCruisers4 said:

Hello cruisers,

My wife and I arrive at SEATAC Saturday at 8:00AM and our boarding time opens at 11:30am. Any suggestions on where we can store our bags till then? 

Thanks. 

Seattle is a great town. Why not fly in a day or two earlier? That will give you time to see a few of the sights and enjoy some great restaurants while also providing that all important pre-cruise air travel buffer.

If you stick with that same day arrival plan, it would be interesting to know what you hope too accomplish such that you'd need to store luggage for such a short time.

With an 8 AM touch down at SEATAC (assuming on time arrival), it may be closer to 9 AM before you walk out of that terminal with bags-in-hand and step into your ground transport. That leaves you about 2 hours before you're back in ground transport on your way to the ship.

Maybe a leisurely breakfast somewhere with 2 or 3 Bloody Mary's?  Alternatively, you could arrange a private tour that picks up at SEATAC, does a panoramic driving tour with a short stop to explore a single local attraction or two (e.g., Pike's Place) and drops off at the ship. Luggage storage is the car's trunk.

Thanks! I’ve been to the Seattle area so many times I’m not sure what to do besides walk around Pike Place. Maybe get some Beecher’s Mac and cheese. It will just be a chore dragging luggage around. 

Looks like the port is walking distance from Pike Place or visa versa. I wonder if we can drop our bags off early at the port and then go walk around?

6 hours ago, BayAreaCruisers4 said:

Thanks! I’ve been to the Seattle area so many times I’m not sure what to do besides walk around Pike Place. Maybe get some Beecher’s Mac and cheese. It will just be a chore dragging luggage around. 

Looks like the port is walking distance from Pike Place or visa versa. I wonder if we can drop our bags off early at the port and then go walk around?

If you are sailing from Pier 91 on HAL, PCL, X, or RCL dropping off your luggage with the porters after 10:15 am should not be a problem.  Make sure that you have your cruise line issued luggage tags (porters have staplers if needed), and most importantly, that you have your travel documents and passports / travel ID in your possession.  If you are sailing Carnival the folks at Pier 91 have been told that Carnival wants to strictly adhere to the printed arrival times.  We will have to wail until the after the season is underway to see if Carnival holds to this new policy.

If you do drop off your bags with the porters, please return by 2:30 to finish checking in.

If you are sailing NCL from Pier 66, I am not sure of their procedures.

OP mentioned pier close to Pike's Place. The Marriott is right across from Pier 66. If s/he happens to be a higher tier Bonvoy FF, perhaps the hotel would store the bags (even if for a fee). It might be worth a call before the trip.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:59 PM, BayAreaCruisers4 said:

I wonder if we can drop our bags off early at the port and then go walk around?

There is also luggage storage at the cruise terminal for departing and arriving passengers.