Eurodam pool - Alaska

msdiggerj

Hi all, DH and I will be taking our first cruise (ever!) to Alaska in June and I'm trying to determine if the Eurodam pool is covered for the Alaskan itineraries?  I think I read somewhere it is covered.  Also, for those who have traveled to Alaska on the Eurodam, did you find you actually used the pool?  I'm trying to decide if packing swimsuits for DH and I is worth it.  Thanks!

Other than yes, the Lido pool is covered when weather is not sunny and warm, there is not an easy answer given the subjectivity of individual's temperature tolerances

We have been to Alaska 5 times, between May and September, and have always used the pools, and been happy with the temperature of the water and the air when getting out/lounging around.

However, its Alaska, and weather changes constantly.  On warm days, the Lido roof is often open, and the Sea View pool is easily warm enough to use.  Cooler and middling days, Sea View is a bit of a ghost town if not in port, but Lido is generally well used.  Only on the coldest, wettest, dampest days have I ever seen the pool empty.  Think mid May, raining all day, lots of fog, temp barely cracking 10 degrees C.

Honestly, you are going in June, and if you even think you might want to use the pool, I would say pack the suits and call it cheap insurance.

3 hours ago, msdiggerj said:

I'm trying to determine if the Eurodam pool is covered for the Alaskan itineraries?

It depends entirely on your luck with the weather. The roof could be open all cruise, or closed the entire time, or anywhere in between. In an average June I would expect it to be open at least some of the time.

17 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Just a quickie, and this usually takes place at/in the aft/Seaview pool rather than in the Lido pool, but HAL is known to organize a "Polar Dip" during Alaska cruises

I'm not sure I'm brave enough for a Polar Dip...although, you never know! 🤔

• Like 1