Floating Market

Airrace

Has anyone been to the floating market recently?  I have read that it closed because of the Venezuelan government restrictions but another article said it has re opened.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:13 AM, Airrace said:

Has anyone been to the floating market recently?  I have read that it closed because of the Venezuelan government restrictions but another article said it has re opened.

It has local vendors now as of last week.. I live here and we were there today. Absolutely nothing like it used to be IMHO.

20190508_152102.jpg

20190508_152056.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, CheckersMidwest said:

We were there May 22nd - our tour guide took us by there . It was on my list of things to see and there were no vendors. She said due to the issues with Venezuela.

There are vendors as stated above, but they are local vendors as in the pictures.  The local vendors were there last week when I was in Punda.

No it is not as it used to be at all.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ashland said:

There was no one there during our port stop last September. Agree...nothing like it used to be.

That's because it was totally closed last September.  It reopened in October I believe with the regular floating market vendors and recently closed again due to Maduro closing the borders with Curaçao. 

Curaçao decided to put local vendors in there so no more boats,  etc. as it was in the past.