Checking for price drops

cmp03

Is there an easy way to check for price drops when you booked a specific room (like one of the corner panoramic ocean view rooms) that will never show up with her price out the cruise now?  Do I just need to call Carnival when I get the emails of the 'sales' and have them check if its cheaper for me than a previously booked rate?

So, you're saying that you want check prices on a room type that is sold out?  You can't.  Once a room type is sold out, you can't price match to it.  You can, however, keep watching for it to come open again and watch the price when (if) it does.  Wish I had an answer that would be more in your favor 😞 

21 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

So, you're saying that you want check prices on a room type that is sold out?  You can't.  Once a room type is sold out, you can't price match to it.  You can, however, keep watching for it to come open again and watch the price when (if) it does.  Wish I had an answer that would be more in your favor 😞 

Well that sucks 😂 

It’s one of the side panaoramic ocean view rooms so there are only 2 and we have one booked. It likely will never be available. 

I just know last cruise we booked (we had a more common room) I could check price online, call and get the credit or additional on board credit. I guess in this case, that option will never be available. 

Oh well. 

There used to be an online cruise fare tool that made it easy to check for price reductions, but Carnival discontinued it. Maybe that's what you used in the past. Now you have to do a mock booking to check.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1

In order for the cruise line to price match there has to be inventory in that specific category. If a category is completely sold out there's nothing to match it too.

If you aren't happy with a category you can call your agent and ask to be upgraded to a better category you just can't downgrade. For instance you can't go from a balcony to an interior but you can go from a balcony to a suite, etc.