Question about steward ?

rosegrower

Since my husband and I are early risers, we will have room service for coffee but will go to buffet as soon as it opens on excursion days and then back to room to brush teeth, etc before leaving for meeting place for excursions. My question is, will the steward come while we are gone and be there when we need to get in? Does Carnival have some sort of sign by the door? (someone told me NCL has a sign that you put a pointer on your preferences) Thanks!

Since my husband and I are early risers, we will have room service for coffee but will go to buffet as soon as it opens

Thanks for the laugh, the buffet never closes as you will find out you can get food anytime.

Thanks for the laugh, the buffet never closes as you will find out you can get food anytime.

CJH - I guess, since you haven't sailed on Carnival (the line they will be on), you don't know. The buffets DO close.

The b'fast buffet is open 8am-10:30am. (Early risers coffee/Danish 7am)

The lunch buffet is open noon-2:30pm.

Evening buffet is open 6pm-9:30pm.

Of course, the formal dining room is open as well, for nicer selections on b'fast and lunch.

As far as 'always open - the deli and pizzeria never close. And yes, you can get food anytime...from room service or several other areas of the ship.:)

So happy to amuse you but I noticed you have been on Princess ships and obviously you did not notice that we are on a CARNIVAL ship and they do not have 24 hour buffets. Our breakfast on the Lido does not open until 6:45 or 7:00 a.m. Room service is 24 hours but only serves a high carb, high sugar continental type breakfast which my husband who is a diabetic can not have. This IS a site for first time cruisers to ask questions. Maybe in the future, you should just read the posts for laughs and not reply unless you really have an answer that applies to the post!

Yes, thanks, I do read a lot of the posts at the Carnival topic and have learned a lot but usually will ask questions on first time cruisers, hoping for a more tolerant attitude toward my first timer questions and until the "Princess" cruisers post, did not realize I was providing laughs also! We leave on Sat. for Tampa to leave on Sunday so I guess I had better stop asking questions, get off the computer and start packing! Thanks again!

Since you are up early, why not eat in the dining room instead of the buffet? It's much nicer to be served, you can get anything you want in the dining room and it really takes no longer than the buffet. Unless you care to linger after your meal. Try it at least once, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

My comments were not intended to be nasty. It just made me laugh because people eat all the time on the cruises and I have never heard anyone say they would be up and wait for food.

No I haven't sailed on Carnival but I have friends that have and they said they have a midnight buffet that is open until breakfast

cjh: Unfortunately, diabetics cannot eat all the time and need to eat at regular hours because of medication so that is why we will be waiting for breakfast to open and also all our excursions are very early so we want to get breakfast out of the way so we will be ready!

Happy KS: We do plan to eat in the dining room on "At Sea" days. I want Eggs Benedict! Thanks!

Archived