Indy Spa... A Thumbs Down

7 hours ago, DeepC said:

As I mentioned I'm really non confrontational. Though I am pissed about the padded tip, my main concern is with how to fix my gals hair and how to keep the stylist from botching some other poor unsuspecting patron. 

My comment was directed toward the person I quoted, who recommended filing a credit card dispute and said you may only have 30 days to do so.  

I was simply correcting their erroneous statement, that the law allows 60 days from the billing statement date, plus the fact that a dispute should be the last resort, not one of the first. 

I'm glad you got the information you needed, and I hope to soon read an update that they've addressed your concerns with an appropriate resolution!

2 hours ago, gatour said:

Sorry about your experience.  Hope it works out to your sanctification. 

All mass market and close to mass market cruise lines contract out their spa services to Steiner.  Years ago, Princess brought the spa service in-house on at least one their ships (thinking Caribbean Princess), while the rest of their ships remained with Steiner.  After a few years that ship had its spa contracted out to Steiner.

Goodness! I hope it doesn't take that long …. 😁

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2019 at 9:25 PM, DeepC said:

. Never had a problem in a dozen cruises until now...

Has she had her hair done in the spa/salon before?  I would be too scared to try that. I always make sure to have an appointment before I leave. I would never trust them to do chemical treatments on my hair. 

17 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

Has she had her hair done in the spa/salon before?  I would be too scared to try that. I always make sure to have an appointment before I leave. I would never trust them to do chemical treatments on my hair. 

She and her daughter splurged a little our last cruise. Friends bragged about how wonderful it was to get various treatments at sea and kind of goaded me into splurging for her. She was so happy before going in. 

I’m sorry it was a less than pleasant experience for her.  I have only done salon once and it was years ago just for an updo for formal night.  Very unimpressed. 

Where would the stylists get their licensing and credentials? 

Again- too bad it was unpleasant. 

Even though these charges were from a sub contractor RC is still ultimately responsible for erroneous charges and poor service.  I suggest going to them and not only asking for the bogus tips to be returned asked for all charges to reimbursed.  Also, I would ask to be reimbursed for any cost that were uncured to correct the mistake which you have photos for.