Identification “bridge” documents

Q Family

I have cruised before with a passport card, have gotten remarried and changed name legally but have not updated name on passport card. 

Doing a closed loop to Alaska departing from and back to Seattle, I know that I can use birth certificate and drivers license for boarding purposes, but my question is do I have to show documents to verify how I have arrived at my new last name ?

27 minutes ago, Q Family said:

I have cruised before with a passport card, have gotten remarried and changed name legally but have not updated name on passport card. 

Doing a closed loop to Alaska departing from and back to Seattle, I know that I can use birth certificate and drivers license for boarding purposes, but my question is do I have to show documents to verify how I have arrived at my new last name ?

So your reservation and driver license are in the married name? Definitely take your documents to "connect" your birth name to your married name.

Edited to add: Check your HAL Mariner account. Sometimes cruise lines and travel agencies will pick up your "details" from your past-passenger file. That happened to a friend who had divorced and gone back to her maiden name. She'd changed all of her documents, but either the TA or Cunard grabbed her info from their account and her reservations was in the wrong name. Fortunately, she caught it quickly, but it could have been a problem.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1